German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
beam has been itching like crazy but we use a flea/tick protection & she has no fleas/ticks, but we have lots of mosquitos & i was wondering if dogs get mosquito bites. & if they do, can i put bug spray on her? (we use deet free spray) i know we used to do it to my old dog (a doberman) but idk if it was ever successful or safe.

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
Use Advantix it is for flea/tick prevention and mosquitos too.
I have been using it on Brady for over 2 years now.
Yes they can

·
Super Moderator
7,370 Posts
Originally Posted By: littledmcUse Advantix
use caution however if you have cats. its toxic to cats and i was warned against it if they have a habit of grooming the dogs, which mine do.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we have a few cats. right now we use the walmart hartz brand or whatever its called, which i know some people have had problems but weve never & its worked for a year now.

·
Super Moderator
7,370 Posts
Originally Posted By: chelswe have a few cats. right now we use the walmart hartz brand or whatever its called, which i know some people have had problems but weve never & its worked for a year now.
not sure what you mean...
sorry if i was unclear, i meant that i was advised not to use Advantix on my dogs if i have cats... because my cats groom & sleep with my dogs and it is highly toxic to cats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts