German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our early morning hike before the storm clouds rolled in turned into a blackberry expedition! Gandalf was not impressed, he doesn't like fruit lol :rolleyes:
In other news there were a lot of game wardens out here the other week, since then I haven't seen any more boar. I'm wondering if they had a night hunt or something and removed them. Still seeing lots of deer and turkey!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
yummy!
We hiked in Maine and other hikers showed us wild blackberries on the bushes...they were smaller than grocery store size, and SO delicious and intense! Er, then we got overconfident and were about to pick some "more" on the trail that afternoon...a passing hiker said, those are not blackberries, they could be poisonous...so much for our wilderness skills. :p

My view of morning hikes is very similar (furry white back and waving white tail) except mine has a leash on! :)
(He can not be trusted with deer around!)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yummy!
We hiked in Maine and other hikers showed us wild blackberries on the bushes...they were smaller than grocery store size, and SO delicious and intense! Er, then we got overconfident and were about to pick some "more" on the trail that afternoon...a passing hiker said, those are not blackberries, they could be poisonous...so much for our wilderness skills. :p

My view of morning hikes is very similar (furry white back and waving white tail) except mine has a leash on! :)
(He can not be trusted with deer around!)
Yeah!! These were much smaller than grocery store berries too and also intense! Oh no lol! I was about 90% sure with these since I had never seen blackberries in FL before.. never even realized they grew wild here and barley recognized them as they were wrapped up in muscidine grape vines! Figured eh if I'm going to die from poison berries what a beautiful place to go :wink2: . I love seeing other white shepherds! Mine has always been good with the wild life but the e collar took his off leash ability to a whole nother level of trust.

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts
I love finding wild black berries, raspberries and blueberries. I've been picking and eating wild strawberry. Usually they are too small to bother with but this year they've been bigger and plumper. I've offered some to my dogs but they weren't impressed.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Man, your poor dogs are missing out! My golden loves fruit. Oranges are her favorite, but she has been known to beg for blueberries as well. It's so funny how some dogs will eat anything and others won't.

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts
I laughed tonight when my hubby shared some of his banana with my big-boy. I used to give him frozen banana slices when he was little. My gal-dog comes up to ask for a piece and my hubby breaks off a bite for her. She begins to leave it on the ground. Oh No, if he is going to share his banana she is not going to waste it. He gives her his "man growl" and she decides to eat it up after all.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Gandalf looked pretty happy about the blackberries!/ Wow our berry bushes haven't blossomed yet but we are a long ways north of you. Charlie will eat berries only if she is with Hershey. Hershey(Lab mix) eats everything but berries bananas and apples are his favorites. Lucky loved berries especially blueberries. Both Charlie and Hersh love bananas , Heck Hershey eats raw cucumbers. Daisy ,Chevy and Thunder were orange girls and Daisy loved Mangos.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts