German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the link to Bear:
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=11650439

He was going to be dumped "somewhere" by his ignorant owner and one of the techs intervened and now he is at the clinic. I must move this dog to a reputable rescue asap. He needs to be altered. He is running up an $18 a day board bill. The runs at the clinic are small and he cannot stay there long. I cannot foster this dog at my house. I only foster beagles.

He is approx 6 years old, 80 pounds, very mellow and sweet according to the techs. He did not even have a name when the techs got him to the clinic so they named him Bear.

I hate to sound like a whiney person but I am past exhausted, going broke and desperately need to take some time for me or I am going to crash and quit rescue and transport completely. Some of you on this board know me and know that I have busted my bee-hind for years helping the Rowan dogs. The dogs need me and if I quit rescue work many dogs will have no help. I know that sounds awful and I am sorry. I spent yesterday at home in tears all day long. There are only 3 of us helping dogs in this rural area and all 3 of us are at our wits end. Thanks for reading and if you can help, please let me know! [email protected]

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Re: Morehead KY sweet male GSD in need now!!!

What a cutie! He looks like a very humble dog. How could anyone just want to dump him "somewhere"? What did he do to deserve that? I hope someone can help him out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

My vet called me and told me both Bear's ears are terribly infected so I told him to begin treatment. Ears are so painful and I did not want him sitting at the clinic in pain. Still have not had anyone step up for this poor boy. **Asking for funds is against board rules ** you can call the vets office at 606-780-7387. They will also be happy to tell you anything you want to know about him.
I really need to get him taken care of so I can take some desperately needed time off. My own dog, Ezzy, a feral female, lost her leg recently and it has not been easy. The stress of rescue has gotten to me and I need a break and I need time for my own dogs. I feel like such a pansy but it is the honest truth. I really need some time off. In order to take some time, I need to know that all situtations I am involved in are resolved.
Bear needs ** edited out per board rules** a rescue commitment. Thanks...

·
Registered
2,653 Posts

Hang in there Julia. Step back take a breath. You are doing all you can. Someone closer to KY will help.
I wish I could donate money. He is a beautiful guy.
I just hate it that he has ear infections poor guy. I have been through that with my Beagles.
I felt the same today when I saw a JRT with a skin infection today at a local no kill he needs a foster. I am swamped.
Just when we think all the loving homes are full, someone will step up! Then take your much needed break!

·
Registered
2,653 Posts

Bump

·
Registered
3,927 Posts

Julie has been wonderful in stepping up to help dogs, now she needs a few
s to help this dog. Julie needs a rescue also to take this dog.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Originally Posted By: JuliaThis is the link to Bear:
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=11650439

He was going to be dumped "somewhere" by his ignorant owner and one of the techs intervened and now he is at the clinic. I must move this dog to a reputable rescue asap. He needs to be altered. He is running up an $18 a day board bill. The runs at the clinic are small and he cannot stay there long. I cannot foster this dog at my house. I only foster beagles.

He is approx 6 years old, 80 pounds, very mellow and sweet according to the techs. He did not even have a name when the techs got him to the clinic so they named him Bear.

I hate to sound like a whiney person but I am past exhausted, going broke and desperately need to take some time for me or I am going to crash and quit rescue and transport completely. Some of you on this board know me and know that I have busted my bee-hind for years helping the Rowan dogs. The dogs need me and if I quit rescue work many dogs will have no help. I know that sounds awful and I am sorry. I spent yesterday at home in tears all day long. There are only 3 of us helping dogs in this rural area and all 3 of us are at our wits end. Thanks for reading and if you can help, please let me know! [email protected]

Please Julia really needs you help --- any Rescue able to take this dog, please contact her ASAP THANKS!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No rescues have stepped up. I have gotten a few email inquiries but nothing definate. My vet said the left ear was so bad that he had to flush it several times before he could get the scope in it. He got all the gunk cleaned out and Bear has ear drops and oral antibiotics he has to take. This infection has been going on for a very long time untreated. Amazing that Bear is still a sweet boy after being in that kind of pain for so long. Ears can really hurt. He is still at the clinic. I have no where to put a dog this size.

Thanks for the kind words...just in a really dark place right now with rescue and personal stuff. It means a lot that people care...

Moderators, I am very sorry I broke the board rules in the earlier post. I got ahead of myself and forgot.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bear is out of time. I hate it but no one is stepping up for him, he is boarding at the clinic and the bill is totally out of control. He is HW neg, UTD, his ears are doing well.
I simply cannot bring Bear to my house. I have no one to foster him. My 10 year old chow, Dini, hates shepherds and huskys and Dini always starts something. If something were to happen, I am not strong enough to break them up. I cannot and will not risk my Dini. He thinks he is still a young boy but he is arthritic and has cancer. If a fight were to break out, Dini would get hurt very badly.
A friend suggested I contact Last Hope Safe Haven. Anyone have that contact info?

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Re: Morehead, KY - Male, sweet, in need of a rescu

Julia,
Just sent you a PM with some contact information...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts