German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we booked Shadow in for another small op. :(
The day after we started antibiotics due to infection from her last op (about 5 weeks ago) I noticed a small lump on her lower lip. At first I thought it was a blister or some sort of reaction to the meds. We had it looked at by the vet. He said he didn't think it was related to the meds at all, and if he were to biopsy it, he may as well remove it it was so small. He didn't want to do anything immediately because she's just had an op and it wasn't bothering her. Well it grew. It looks like a wart or a mole. About a week ago it bleed a little when she was playing, then a couple of days ago she must have taken the top off it whilst at the beach, it seamed much smaller but still yuck. We booked her in to see the vet today and have decided it has to go. She will be going under next friday to have the whole thing removed and they will send it off to the lab.
Fingers crossed it's nothing to be too concerned about.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Oh no poor Shadow, she is not having a good run at the moment :hugs: Paws and fingers crossed here that all goes well and it is harmless.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Keeping Shadow in our thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Poor Shadow. I am sending good thoughts and prayers her way. Hope she feels better soon.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. As soon as I can I also want to get a pic of this growth to post for anyone else going threw something similar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts