German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Practicing some tricks with Ike because we're iced in and there's nothing better to do!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
LOVE IT!!! Of course, it is Ike.

Also looks like Ike likes him some happy hour as much as he likes his training!!!

Thanks for sharing another great video of Ike!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Can Titon come live with you for a while?

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
LOVE IT! I'm sending you Masi:))

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Danielle,

We are doing well. Cold but well :) How's Otto? Have you guys started with a training club yet?

the video is at: "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5YZPGMJPpA" if you can't see it in this thread.

Are you going to check out the Dallas Sieger show? If so, I'll see you there!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Love Ike!!

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Ike looks like he adores you, what a great job you've done!

You probably need to run out and buy some extra dog food, it looks like you've got some canine company headed your way. ;)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Wonderful - I love the side steps! How do you teach any of that stuff?

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Thanks everyone! All GSDs are welcome at my place :)

Sandra, most of the tricks in the video are really just variations of pivoting/spinning (clockwise and counterclockwise) - what agility people call rear end awareness. I did "perch" training stuff with him when he was a little pup to teach him that he has a butt and he has the power to move it lol.

MRL posted a really good video recently on perch training (the perch training section starts around 5:10)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Interesting! I may have to look into doing some of this. My dogs are bored with the weather and I'm looking for things to do inside too! Ridley, is an older puppy but he seems to enjoy learning new things and it really helps to calm him down since he's bursting with energy while the weather is so bad!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts