German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After work last night, I stopped by home, picked up Rocky, and we rode up to the nearest Feeder Supply where the vet was on duty last night. Rocky's toenails were a little long and I didn't want him catching one of them on the A frame and tearing it off.

I still have some anxiety about taking Rocky places because of Newlie's (selective) reactivity to other dogs, so I was a little nervous about doing this. When we got there, I got out of the car, took a deep breath, got Rocky out and off we went. Rocky heeled beside me in the parking lot, with a couple of reminders, and did not respond to a golden retriever hanging out of a car window barking at him. Feeders was busy last night, lots of people and their dogs, but Rocky heeled with me and we went and got in line for the vet. There was a senior GSD in front of us and a little dog in a shopping cart behind us, plus we were standing next to a container that had birds and just behind us was a container that had a large rabbit. Rocky was curious, of course, looked around at everything and smelled the bird container a little bit, but that's about it. He pretty much stood or sat right with me, and a couple of times was comfortable enough to lay down and rest on the floor. (We had a little bit of a wait.)

When it was our turn, I told the vet that I was sure Rocky could jump up on the table so that they wouldn't have to lift him, but he said he didn't trust the table to be sturdy enough. I told him Rocky was a pretty friendly guy and he petted him for a few minutes and then lifted him on the table. They got his toenails trimmed with no problem, I paid, and we went back out of the store to the car. I was very pleased with Rocky's behavior as he was a very good boy.

·
Super Moderator
5,385 Posts
Rocky seems like a really nice dog. We need photos!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts