German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello GSD Lovers :wub:

I counted weeks on Caesar until he was 20 weeks, about 5 months... But now, six months would be a half year, or 26 weeks to be fair...

So does that mean I adjust to six weeks of him being 5 months old to get to the 6 months of half a year at 26 weeks, half of 52 week year? What did most of you do?

I mean it really screws up the size charts and so on, if he has six weeks in the sixth month to get caught up to monthly rating... But there is no other way to do it, as four weeks to a month would be four weeks short of the year total of 48 vrs 52 weeks.. duh...:crazy:

Anyway, what is the vote? Kind regards, from Australia

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
I usually stop counting weeks after 3 months. It's just easier for me that way.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I stop "weeking" at about 5 months. I count from the Date of Birth forward...even though I realized a few weeks ago I had aged Finn by a year...stupid me. It just rolls easier off the tongue.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Actually a month is 4.3 weeks. So 4 months is 17.2 weeks, 5 months is 21.5 weeks and 6 months would be 25.8 weeks and so on. But yeah, I started around 4-5 months just counting months ... just count month by month from the puppy's date of birth (e.g. born Jan 2., on Feb 2 he would be 1 month, Mar 2 he would be 2 months, etc.)

·
Registered
406 Posts
I generally switch from weeks to months after 16 weeks, I can't say why, it just seems like a natural point to change over!

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
lay off the Yellow Tail. :laugh:

Hello GSD Lovers :wub:

I counted weeks on Caesar until he was 20 weeks, about 5 months... But now, six months would be a half year, or 26 weeks to be fair...

So does that mean I adjust to six weeks of him being 5 months old to get to the 6 months of half a year at 26 weeks, half of 52 week year? What did most of you do?

I mean it really screws up the size charts and so on, if he has six weeks in the sixth month to get caught up to monthly rating... But there is no other way to do it, as four weeks to a month would be four weeks short of the year total of 48 vrs 52 weeks.. duh...:crazy:

Anyway, what is the vote? Kind regards, from Australia

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Around 20 weeks I skipped to months, much easier :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts