German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sundance the dog goes viral

Klinkel and his wife traveled to Denver last Christmas to visit their daughter, and when they stopped for dinner they left Sundance in the car, along with five $100 bills and one $1 bill. When they returned, the $1 bill was untouched and the $500 was gone.

Klinkel immediately guessed that his chew-loving dog ate the bills, so while in Denver he donned rubber gloves and followed Sundance around the yard as he conducted his “business.” Klinkel retrieved quite a few fragments, but it wasn’t until his daughter visited Helena recently that she was able to give him enough remnants for him to piece together a large portion of all five bills.

He washed and bleached them, taped them back together and submitted them to the Federal Treasury, hoping to be reimbursed.

Here is one of the bills he, um, retrieved::rofl:

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Its allot of money but I am not sure I would have been brave enough to retrieve it.:rofl: Bad puppy.:nono:
Totally agree lol...

If he knew that she was chew-happy then I would never have left that money where her mouth could have gotten to it lol

·
Registered
32,085 Posts
What an irresponsible thing to do, leaving a lot of cash in a car where the dog can get it. I mean, was it in plain sight? Might a thief break the window and steal the money? And what happens to the dog?

I mean, if it was a GSD, most thieves wouldn't break a window to get to the cash. It's in the bank. But not everyone is afraid of Golden Retrievers.

That's an expensive lesson, whether the treasury gives him money for them and destroys them or not.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You should be glade it didn't eat a whole bunch of coins instead. If it did you could have a problem and need surgery to remove them.
Happened to me once, you should have seen the vet's face, if he was a judge I would be guilty on his book lol

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
One of the funniest series of messages I've ever seen was on the old AOL GSD message board.

This was years ago, but basically the poster's dog ate her diamond ring, verified by x-ray, and she posted about her daily excursions going out every time with the dog and her description of dissecting every turd produced by the dog to ensure he hadn't passed the ring. I forget how long it took, but finally after a few days the dog passed the multi-thousand dollar turd and the poster and dog lived happily ever after.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
One of my foster dogs shredded her new adopter's paycheck within the first week or two after she went home. The check was on the table, wind blew in from an open window and knocked it to the floor, and the dog -- who had never shown any propensity to shred paper while I had her -- just tore it to confetti. :eek:

Fortunately the adopter had a great sense of humor about the whole thing (and an employer who was willing to re-issue the check once she showed them the shreds of the original), but welp, one of my foster dogs is deservedly on Dog Shaming.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts