German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some photos of our new puppy. We are blessed to have him. We sure got lucky. I'm freaking out over the ears since I have never had a GSD puppy before. I guess I can just bite my nails 'till they pop up!

Freki

Odin and Freki swapping toys

Simona and Freki

Freki's Mom

Freki's Dad

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,268 Posts
welcome - see comments on your other thread about ears...

Lee

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Good looking babies, both 2 and 4 legged.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Freki is a natural guard. We are very happy with him. He will play hard with me but is gentile with the kids. His puppy hair is almost gone. A little left around his towering ears!

The other day he jumped into the lake with me on his own. I was very proud of him. His lower left K9 was broken off when my daughter tugged on a blanket that belonged to her. The base is good and we kept it in for spacing. The bleeding stopped over night and no problems being a land shark three days later.

He is starting to try new things on his own and loves to destroy soccer balls. He goes nuts over a pair of soccer balls and wants you to kick it and throw it for him.

My 3 year old daughter can walk him while I watch. He sometimes knows I'm not around and he can get away with more loki tricks.

Raw food is cheaper than good dog food in kibble form. I'm cooking for a wife and two kids anyway so we all eat well.

I have learned a lot from this site and plan to donate some coin as soon as my son slows down on the diapers.

You guys rock. Thanks for all the help.

Knudt tribe
montana territory!

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Freki is simply amazing. He is now 60lbs and watches over my two kids constantly. We trust him with the kids and still supervise him when he is playing and guarding them. In no time at all he will be a valuable tool for the protection of my family.

His little puppy bite is hard and his teeth are coming in. The broken off lower left k9 is now being replaced with a big new adult k9. the rest of the teeth are almost there.

He eats raw deer, elk, chicken, kraut, rice, eggs and spring water. He gets a vitamin C pill at every meal and knows all basic commands and is getting to be good at tracking. He has been trained since he was a puppy to find clothing belonging to my daughter and son. He can also find mushrooms for us.

He speaks Slovak along with my wife and kids. He recalls nice after an attack command but is just a puppy. My daughter can call him off and command him. :)

Thanks for all your help guys and gals! This site put me one step ahead of my previous experiences and training with my other GSD's.

Have a great fall season!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts