German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I admit it, I didn't handle the situation in the best way, but I wasn't having a very good day and I got frustrated. Everytime I put on or take off Wolfie's prong collar, he gnaws on my wrist. He hates that collar and I assume he's trying to stop me from putting it on. Or maybe he just hates the control I have because he chews on me when I am taking if off of him He's a very dominant personality. Or maybe it just plain hurts. I don't know but it hurts when he chews on me. I kept saying no biting, trying to redirect with a toy, pushing his mouth away ( which only made it worse) so finally I bit him back on the muzzle. He jumped back and looked at me in shock, like saying , Mom you bit me! He stopped biting me, though and I took his collars off quickly without a fuss. Maybe he won't bite me today. Wishful thinking, I know.

· Registered
4,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I may be on to something. I put his prong collar on this morning and he didnt bite me!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.