German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the beach all day yesterday with hubby and Wolfie. He doesn't like high tide. The waves are big, and the surf is rough. I took him to the water and he would go in until a big wave comes along, then he races out. I wanted to go for a swim, so I brought Wolfie over to my hubby. He was sitting in a beach chair, holding Wolfie on a leash. As soon as I got ankle deep in the water, Wolfie started going crazy. He was barking, pulling, yelling, and actually screaming! Everyone on the beach was laughing because he did not want me near that water. I got out of the water, and as soon as I was away from the waves, he laid on the sand like nothing ever happened. I wasn't even near him, just out of the water. Then I went to the water again and he went nuts. LMAO! I guess he was protecting his Mom from the waves.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Poor Wolfie!! They work so hard to keep us safe and we keep going right back into danger! I can picture his expression - "SAVE MOM!!" My breeder said one time that her family went swimming at the river, and they finally had to get out because one of her females was exhausted from coming to rescue anyone who's head went under the water.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL! My Mom had a GSD when she was a kid that used to run into the pond and pull the kids out when they went swimming.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I sympathize with poor Wolfie! I feel like that when my grand kids are in the ocean! Those big waves are scary to a west Texas Nana...

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Many years ago we went to the lake for vacation. I was floating on an inner tube and had flippers on. Kaycee, who had never been in anything more than a kiddie pool swam out grabbed a flipper and pulled me back to shore!

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Wolfie stories are my favorite!!! He has so much character :wub:

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
that is sooooo funny!

Masi and I hit the beach the other day, and as you, the waves were big, it was mid tide, she would race out , get into a wave, and UP AND OVER,,the first one she did, she was like "what the heck??" Then she really got into it.

Masi would go in 2 inches of water or 20 feet, she doesn't care as long as it's water

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
thats funny. I'm with wolfie on this one though! WAVES BAD!!! I freak when my husband takes the kids out in the water. I dont handle wild water. If its not in a pool, i start getting shakey and spazzy. Definitely with Wolfie on this one!

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wolfie stories are my favorite!!! He has so much character :wub:
He really is a character! Wolfie is my third GSD and Hubby's fourth GSD, and we both agree that Wolfie has the most personality out of all of them!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts