German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here are a few photos of my GS pup Molly. I thought she was mixed with husky at first but found out both parents are PB her and one other sibling came out with a rare coat.

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Fawn
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Sled dog Fawn

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking about that. I was wondering that when I first got her I was questioning it. Her mother is a pb and I was told the dad was also but I am wondering if he was mix with husky she looked different than most gsd. Everyone who saw her said she was part husky.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The facial pattern is a typical husky pattern. Although, with mixed breed pups that does not mean much. She's similar in appearance to my mixed breed Texas rescue pup Tsume. He has a more pronounced husky facial pattern, and the same coloration and saddle pattern. Although his ears are thinner and lay flat.

I know Tsume has husky in him. He acts like a husky most of the time, and has the husky vocalizations.

You have a very nice looking puppy.

·
Administrator
10,682 Posts
@Orphan Heidi went through this…
Embark results revealed she was purebred afterall.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
She's a pretty girl. A blondie. Both parents can be purebred. According to Duke's DNA, his parents and grandparents were all German Shepherds. Then there are some question marks. His DNA revealed Portuguese Water Dog, Collie, Chinook, Samoyed and Who Knows What. No idea where all that hair came from. We used Embark and it is very helpful. Duke: Dog Carnivore Tartan Dog breed Fawn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts