German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 13 year old black GSD Molly died Saturday. She decided to go on her own. Vet appointment was scheduled for Monday. She felt bad and had quit eating 4 days previously. I went to work at the radio station Saturday at 10:30 to do the updates necessary. I got back around noon and she was gone. Her nose was still cold. I got her to a local funeral home who sends your animals off for cremation.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss of Molly. Take care

·
Super Moderator
4,847 Posts
sometimes they know it is time to just slip away from the pack. (((hugs)))

·
Premium Member
11,244 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss.....

Lee

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
I'm very sorry for your loss, she's resting peacefully now

·
Registered
564 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. She was beautiful, and will forever be in your heart.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Sorry to hear. She was a beautiful dog.

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Molly. They always know, when it is time to go. Hugs to you.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
She was 13. I had her for 3. She had never had a good life, left outside with no shelter much and fed occasionally. She bossed the other 2 boys a lab mixed with a tad of Border Collie, and a Siberian Husky. She finally learned how to play Husky style. At 10 when I got her she was HW+ and already had a skip in her heartbeat. I did not treat her. I expect that is what killed her and the end was quick. I had hope she would bond to Mickey the Siberian, but not to be. It was ME. Mickey had grieved terribly after losing Jolene my GSD/Sheltie/Husky mix who died at 8 from Kidney failure as a complication of Cushings. At 71, I likely will get no more "new" dogs. Mickey the Siberian is 12, and i worry about "that day". Gillman, the other dog is only 5 and has not de-puppied yet. With him I worry that he will outlive me.

·
Registered
158 Posts
It's always so sad to hear of these sweet animals passing, I'm just glad you gave her some good years.
I am 72 and probably won't be getting anymore dogs, that makes me sad too.

Molly looked like a sweet lady even if she did boss the others around :)

So sorry for your loss, it's been 5 months since my Wiena passed...still grieving
but getting better. I can at least talk about her without crying, but looking
at pictures still upsets me because then I miss her too much.

hugs

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss. She was a pretty girl.

·
Registered
868 Posts
She was 13. I had her for 3. She had never had a good life, left outside with no shelter much and fed occasionally. She bossed the other 2 boys a lab mixed with a tad of Border Collie, and a Siberian Husky. She finally learned how to play Husky style. At 10 when I got her she was HW+ and already had a skip in her heartbeat. I did not treat her. I expect that is what killed her and the end was quick. I had hope she would bond to Mickey the Siberian, but not to be. It was ME. Mickey had grieved terribly after losing Jolene my GSD/Sheltie/Husky mix who died at 8 from Kidney failure as a complication of Cushings. At 71, I likely will get no more "new" dogs. Mickey the Siberian is 12, and i worry about "that day". Gillman, the other dog is only 5 and has not de-puppied yet. With him I worry that he will outlive me.
Wow--So Very Very sorry to hear this --you did a really good thing for Molly 3 years ago sounds like they were her good years-once again very sorry.:crying:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts