German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today i took out of my freezer a ton of food that I will begin to separate and bag.

My question is, can i mix proteins together. Mostly Chicken, Turkey and Beef??

I want to put all the ground beef, chicken breast meat, beef heart, ground turkey, beef chuck roast and chicken gizzards in a huge bowl together, mix and
then separate into bags. I think it'll be ok but just looking for opinions.

For Organs it's beef liver and kidney

RMB is turkey necks, chicken wings, drumsticks and chicken quarters

I'm feeding 50%MM, 45%RMB , 5%OM(chged my ratio up)

Thx

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've mixed protein together but never done 3 different proteins. If I had all that thawed I would mix chicken beef, turkey beef, turkey chicken...and keep the OM separate and use it as a topper. I wouldn't know why you couldn't mix it all together :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch
13,571 Posts
Mixing proteins is fine. Just make sure you keep similar ratios of meat to bone to organ each day and don't get too much/too little of one in the bag as you repackage.

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
I've often fed different proteins together - sometimes as many as 5.

The key to a balanced raw diet is variety over TIME. Sometimes my guys get NO organ meat one day - I may have forgotten to thaw them. I just make sure to give a little extra the next couple days (not too much as it can cause loose stools).

They have also had muscle meat three meals in a row without a problem.

·
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch
13,571 Posts
Agree with balance over time so long as it's within reason. Multiple MM meals no problem. But too much organ at once = diarrhea. Too much bone at once = constipation and possibly vomiting of bone because the dog can't digest it all. So one would want to make sure not all the liver ends up in one bag and all the RMBs in another. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome, thx for all the responses.

I actually had to chg up my ratio because i was doing 45%MM,50%RMB,5%OM
but i was noticing some constipation. So i chged it up a bit and now my guy is loving life.

60%MM,35%RMB,5%OM(half of which is always liver)
I feed RMB and OM in the am with coconut oil
MM and tripe in the pm and salmon oil, pumpkin sometimes yogart and 3xs a week a whole egg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts