German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I have found this little fellow and i decided to look after him. I would like to ask your opinions on which type of breed he is mixed with? I rescued him so it doesnt matter what breed he is. Im asking this question in order to know how large he will be and which type of brand food i should give him. he was underweight when i found him but now he is better. I am currently giving him Orijien puppy? He is 5 months old now. I am going to upload two pictures when he was 3.5 months old and 5 months old so you guys can judge better, I think. Thank you so much in advance.
P.S: He is my first dog :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,270 Posts
For all the intended purposes.... he looks enough GSD to expect and treat him as a GSD ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,849 Posts
I agree!Looks mostly Gsd.Cute little fellow:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies. I wanted to ask you. As i said earlier, i have been giving him orijien puppy, Is it okay to start him on Orijien puppy large?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Looks quite pure to me! So adorable, too!

GSD's can have white spots on their body, you just don't see them often because they're considered a fault. The winner of the WestMinster show was an American Showline GSD with a large white patch on her chest, actually. People just don't know that, so if they see white they assume a mix sometimes. My girl is assumed a mix every time I step out the door .

Orijien is a great food. It can be high in protein and give the runs, but if your pup is doing well then that's awesome. I use the Acana myself.

·
Registered
624 Posts
You have a purebred GSD! People will call him a mix even if you have the AKC papers. ;-) They want to be politically correct in describing the dog.

He looks adorable! Enjoy him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts