German Shepherds Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
Just a reminder that we do not allow breeder bashing, and such posts will be deleted.

If you are a new member and would like to share negative info, you'll have to do it by PM. Build up your post count so you can send and receive PMs.

Thank you,

ADMIN

·
Registered
119 Posts
_riley - Mittlewest was one of the first I looked at.. Mittlewest does get dinged a few times with negative reviews.. Always take them with a grain of salt because you're not getting the FULL story. They probably do a fine job most of the time. Lots of quality breeders in the Chicagoland area. I consistently, and I mean consistently saw overwhelming positive reviews with other breeders who's prices were more inline with the norm.. $1800-$2400.. Use the search feature of this site and you'll see who consistently gets high marks..

Best of luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi again everyone, just an update that I did not end up going with Mittelwest. We made an appointment to visit, and were very impressed with the kennel itself, but we were not impressed with the owner, she popped her head out to speak to us for only a few seconds and she looked like she had just woken up and she was in her pajamas. When she sensed our hesitation she said something that gave us a car salesman type vibe, something about how well they might be moving in a few months so we'd better buy a puppy now, then she disappeared again. We also noticed a few of the dogs and puppies hips looked really strange, sticking out of their backs. I hope this isn't taken as breeder bashing, I'm just giving our honest experience to hopefully help others.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Definitely contact Huerta hof! They have beautiful show line's and are very reputable. My favorite dog ever came from robin and became a very successful service dog.

·
Registered
681 Posts
My breeder uses Mittelwest dogs in her breeding program. My dogs dam is a Mittelwest, she is a beautiful dog with wonderful temperament. This has also shown up in my dog. You can find Mittelwest dogs in other breeding programs at a much lower price.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure where you're getting the Mittelwest lifetime health guarantee from. I have a 4 yo Mittelwest dog with severe bilateral hip dysplasia, x-rays rated by the SV in Germany at 12 months and on file. I was a valued Mittelwest team member for years, and received nothing as far as a guarantee. If anyone wants to know more, including info about his temperament as well as the kennel, please feel free to pm me.
Hi Sandy, did you have a bad experience with the puppies of Mittelwest?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.