German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My key set is missing (includes 1 truck key, 1 key fob & 1 house key). 99.9% of the time, I immediately put these keys in one place, once I enter the house. On Sunday, I took Cassie to the park. The last time I had the key set was to enter my house. I had my hands full of stuff, upon entering the house. Cassie was still on her leash and was getting tangled around my legs. I just dropped things on the floor, so I could get Cassie off leash and then take care of the things on the floor.

I didn't realize the keys were missing, until yesterday. I've looked and looked, but haven't found them yet. It took me a couple of days to find the soundbar remote, when she took that. I can't be sure she took the keys, but based on the things she has taken over the last few weeks, I wouldn't put it past her. (laptop mouse, TV remote, DVD remote, earphones, stapler, tooth brush, etc.).

This sucks buckets. My 2nd key fob is broken and the spare door key won't work on the driver's door. I'll keep looking. Just hope Cassie didn't take the keys outside somewhere and I end up finding them a couple weeks down the road, like some of her toys. We were playing in the yard this afternoon and Cassie dug up some of her treasures that she buried in the yard and moved them. Darn, didn't see any buried keys.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Hopefully they weren't snagged but ya never know what looks interesting to them!! I have to say I'm the guilty one usually to misplace the keys!

·
Registered
307 Posts
I predict you will find your keys today!
And when you do, get one of those "tile" things so if there's a next time they're lost, they'll be easier to find!

·
Super Moderator
5,365 Posts
And when you do, get one of those "tile" things so if there's a next time they're lost, they'll be easier to find!
Only if they improve those tiles. I tried them when they first came out and found my keys in the garage (not attached to the house). The tile insisted that my keys were in the living room. I sent them all back for a refund.

I'd also like to thank the nice person who picked my keys up at the park and put them on the picnic table under cover from rain. Whoever you are and wherever you are, thanks! Although I was thinking I could use it as an article search training opportunity.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wish your prediction had come true. Still looking, but haven't found the keys. I found an extra pair of scissors underneath a cabinet. I haven't seen those for a year or two. Cassie did unearth a large bone she had buried in the yard, but no keys.

I just bought a Samsung tracker that uses AT&T cell towers. I intend to put that on Cassie. It would be great to have something on the keys that you could beep. The equivalent to using a land line to call your cell phone so you can find it around the house.

·
Super Moderator
5,365 Posts
I haven't seen the Samsung trackers. Can you share the link?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I know that I am a horrible person...but your trials and Cassie's antics are making me chuckle.
What a nosy busy kleptomaniac puppy she is!

I hope you find them soon!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I forgot to add that once, I lost my wedding ring in the backyard.
I had the idea of renting a metal detector for a few hours - We swept the backyard, and it beeped loudly...found my ring!
So if you think Cassie deeply buried the keys in the yard, that might be worth a shot...

(A curious neighbor was apparently watching from his windows and he couldn't resist coming out and saying, "What are you doing?!" I guess he was hoping we'd give him a share of our buried treasure...)

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
It would be great to have something on the keys that you could beep.

That exists without the need for a cell phone connection at all -- since the late-1980s there have been key ring attachments that will start beeping if you clap loudly three times in their vicinity. When I was a kid, a dog barking three times would set it off too. I'll bet they still exist!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts