German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dayzee is 2 years old, ~60lbs, black with dark brown markings on her legs. I was her foster mom and we recently adopted her to a family in the Naples area. She ran off on Saturday, we were just informed last night. She was last seen in the 40th Ave NE area wearing a red collar and/or harness. She's very skittish and shy so she will run if approached but it's possible to lure her with treats into a fenced area. Please if you have any info contact me ASAP!

Attachments

·
Registered
965 Posts
Oh no, worst nightmare scenario. She is beautiful, I hope she is found soon. I assume she is microchipped?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sigh...the chip was given to the owners with instructions to have it placed by their veterinarian. They had not done so yet. I know, I know. Shame on us for not placing it before she left. I've filed reports with animal services in the area, we're reaching out to another rescue there, I've posted on every FB and lost pets page I can find.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Sigh...the chip was given to the owners with instructions to have it placed by their veterinarian. They had not done so yet. I know, I know. Shame on us for not placing it before she left. I've filed reports with animal services in the area, we're reaching out to another rescue there, I've posted on every FB and lost pets page I can find.
Ah dang, we humans are so predictable :( took me nearly a month to fill out our info online so I cannot judge! You should let them know to drop by all the local vets if they haven't already..I know ours always has a wall of hand written found notices left by people who are keeping found dogs at their house instead of turning them in. (I'm sure everyone knows this.. But I didn't before I got wick so jst in case!)

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
I hope she is found soon:( check on craigslist make sure no one is trying to sell her. Its good to go down to animal shelters in person to see if she is there rather then calling. I know someone who had been calling their local animal shelter everyday to see if they had picked up a dog that fit their dogs description. The animal shelter had said no. The owners of the lost dog decided to go down to the animal shelter to look for their dog and he was there. There dog had been at the animal shelter for three days. Putting up flyers in the area and a few towns away might increase your chances of finding her.Good luck!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you find your dog? I found a girl german shepard on 951 / golden gate parkway. It is July now so not sure if she had been loose for that long?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts