German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that a lot of kibble lists the protien content as "minimum". (Such as 25% minimum.)

Anyone know WHY they list the minimum rather than the Maximum? Heck, just because it is 25% minimum, doesn't necessairly mean that it isn't 40% Maximum.

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally Posted By: PhazewolfThey do it that way so you know that it is never lower then that amount. If they just listed the max then they could say one thing and sell a other.
But the way it is worded, they still CAN. Just because it SAYS 25% minimum, what is to stop the food from ACTUALLY being HIGHER in protien?

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally Posted By: doggiedadi thought when they list a percentage on a label there's no variance. i also thought that the protein level should be under 26% when feeding .what do you mean it could be 40% maximum???
Just what I said, if it says 25% protien MINIMUM, how do we KNOW that it is actually 25% and not higher?

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally Posted By: Lucina
Originally Posted By: BlackGSD

Just what I said, if it says 25% protien MINIMUM, how do we KNOW that it is actually 25% and not higher?
I guess you don't. Maybe the manufacturer doesn't either

I never thought about this before you brought it up. Do all foods label like this?
I don't know if they ALL do, but all of the ones I have looked at do. (And while it SEEMS like I have looked at ALL of them
, I really haven't.)

I HAVE looked at 5 different brands of "Grain Free" kibbles and they ALL list the protien as "minimum".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.