German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poor girl just can’t catch a break!

We’er stuck in a hotel for 6 weeks, story for another thread, so Millie is without her yard, stuck with her crazy little brother 24/7, she just went into heat this week, and last night I asked the wife to play/train her as I was training our puppy. Well, the wife decided to turn her brain off and play fetch with her in an asphalt parking lot with a Nero ball. (Fantastic btw if you’re in the market for a ball on a rope)

Let me repeat that, FETCH on ASPHALT. Millie goes NUTS for fetch so it went exactly as you’d expect, poor girl was skidding to a stop at full sprint to get the ball for about 15-20 minutes. Ripped off padding on all four of her paws and that paw material next to the dewclaws on the front. (Is there a name for that?)

Anyways, we got it cleaned with iodine and neosporin and bandaged up. But poor girl can hardly walk and I feel terrible for her.

What a crap week!

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
oh!!! she looks so sweet! i would be a nervous nellie making sure hers feet were up and she had plenty of lovings!
lets hope for fast recovery!

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh!!! she looks so sweet! i would be a nervous nellie making sure hers feet were up and she had plenty of lovings!
lets hope for fast recovery!
Aww thank you!

I don’t usually get worked up about these sorts of things but I really feel for her, the wife is pretty upset about it.

And you’re right, she is our sweet girl. She’s always so happy, lovey, and full of life. It’s sad seeing her like this. :frown2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts