German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Who knows, maybe he'll end up changing and being one of the biggest supporters against animal abuse/dog fighting. He'd be able to come at it from a personal experience standpoint to.

That is if he really changes........id still keep him away from dogs and animals, he's gotta earn respect back IMO.....probably be very very slow.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Only time will tell how he ends up. IMO it would be great if he would become a supporter of abused animals and shelter. With his past experience, and his previous career, it might make more people actually take notice and do something about all of the animals.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i wish they would lock him up and throw away the key!! i despise anyone who would do to a dog what he did. just something else to make the pitbull breed look harmful and harder for those who love the breed to own them.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I don't think anybody that ever abuses a animal should be given a second chance.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi all, there is a friend of mine, Brandon Bond, check him out at All Or Nothing Pit Bull Rescue. What he and the shelter helpers have done with that pig's dogs is amazing. This guy is one **** of a tattoo artist, and he is completely devoted to Pitts...There is a tremendous amount of info on those Dogs from that sorry ass convict, and others. Just a great guy. He is in Georgia...---Kelly

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Originally Posted By: joe1982i wish they would lock him up and throw away the key!! i despise anyone who would do to a dog what he did. just something else to make the pitbull breed look harmful and harder for those who love the breed to own them.

I TOTALLY AGREE!!

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Would of been nice if the judge ordered him to pay a LARGE fine to a Pit Bull Rescue. (Maybe he did do this and I am just not remembering it.) Within the article is was stating how much of his contract money he got to keep, as of right now. I think anything he is able to keep should go to help abused animals. Just MHO

·
Registered
388 Posts
Let me tell you all something. While I agree that what happened is despicable, there is a cultural barrier you don't see. MANY people raised in a similar way to Mike Vick do not believe there is anything wrong with dog fighting. They also see him as a hero. If he could come out changed, he could be one of the biggest contributors to defeating this way of thinking.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Come out changed????????????????????????????? He is struttin around in there like some kind of hero, I would bet the bank on it....He is too ignorant to "come out changed" Anyone with the $$$$ he had , that did what he did, is a THUG, plain and simple. Remember when he "found God", and then got caught smoking pot right after that? He is an idiot who doesnt have the sense God gave him...He has been given chance after chance. I agree with your statement, but I am afraid it is wishful thinking...He will probably come out making more money, and get caught doing something else. I doubt he is in the clink reading Psalms...--K

·
Registered
66 Posts
P.S. I see the cultural barrier, believe me. Its called home trainin where Im from, and he didnt get any. Piss poor excuse. C'mon Dr. Doom, call a spade a spade, dont give me that cultural crap....If you dont know cruelty to animals(and pleeease dont tell me he doesnt see it as such) is wrong, something is wrong with him that has nothing to do with culture, and everything to do with trying to be a gangster to his loser buddies...

·
Registered
388 Posts
Ok. Because its not possible for someone to view things differently, due to their culture. The "Oprah" special you were all HAILING last week had them discussing the people who run puppy mills, and the guy from the rescue, who works with them everyday, flat out said that they (The people running the mills) laugh at him, because the way they were raised, they're livestock, not to be cared for beyond their ability to produce cash. If THAT can be true, why can't this? I am not defending Vick, and I'm not going to get into an argument that makes me look like I am, but you are not seeing what I am seeing. I watched the Atlanta Falcons over the course of the last season, not just the few players who came out in support of Vick on national tv (Wearing "Free Vick" T's or the patches they wear under their eyes for glare) but the actual fans. I LIVE in Georgia, and I can tell you, there are MANY, MANY people who DO view him as a hero. I AM NOT ONE, but people who have grown up in the culture he did, they see NOTHING wrong with what happened. They still wear Vick jerseys, and there was not a SINGLE Falcons game that didn't have HUNDREDS, if not THOUSANDS of people supporting him by wearing his jersey, or T-shirts, or signs.
Anyway, I'm sorry you feel differently, and you are probably right, but it doesn't change the fact he could change. People don't change? Whatever. Guess YOU haven't ever seen someone do it, but I HAVE done it, so I know it can be done.
I mean, there aren't any recovering alcoholic either, right?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Also, "finding God" and "making a mistake afterwards" are NOT mutually exclusive.

In fact, I can't remember the passage in my Bible that says "Thou shalt not smoke pot." at all. Which one was that again?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Well if he were white and in AL it's just good clean Sunday afternoon fun with the kids. I'm not sure if that's cultural or not. But it happens and "people can do whatever they want with their dogs."

·
Registered
66 Posts
Doom, you are right. I like your advice/views, as the owner of a 14 wk old pup, you have helped me tremendously. AND I do see your point. I missed Oprah last week, I was on the deck smoking a joint, so.......... ( and I am a Christian!!!) I think I vented a little
on my previous post, I just cant stand these **** barbarians who fight animals. But in theory, you are absolutely correct, some people see no harm done....I just happen to disagree....Please dont think I meant that I dont think you are spot on about the people who do this, It just disgusts me.....----Kelly

·
Registered
66 Posts
P.S. Yes, I have seen people change, myself included...I would be dead now if I didnt. Props to you if you have too. It is a day by day struggle....Good luck

·
Registered
16,424 Posts
Originally Posted By: BaronthegreatI don't think anybody that ever abuses a animal should be given a second chance.
I agree. I think if you are capable of being sadistic, there isn't much hope for rehabilitation.

I don't think it's the same thing as being a drinker or drug user. That, at least on the surface, is turning harm inward ... not deliberately harming another being.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts