German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been a crazy and very exhausting month, but I think that we are moving forward nicely, some things slower then I want, but I know that is best. Ear infection is gone and poop is normal more often then not...the Olewo carrots did the trick. He is doing great with the cats, a simple leave it works really well, most of the time he ignores them....this was very important to me. Depending on the mood of the cat in question, he can even drink water with them. He still cries and barks in the crate and I just ignore him. Since I live in an apartment I don't like it, so I pray that when he pulls a tantrum they aren't home upstairs. We will be moving in our house soon. Closing in a week and a half and moving in after a month or so. So things will change, but for the better. There is 2100 sq ft of living space and an 1/2 acre of land. He still has issues with dogs outside of the house, but we work on it all the time and we even go to class once a week now. The trainer believes that its not aggression, just excited reactivity and she is working with us. This dog has so much potential and he is coming around. He LOVES kids and gets really excited when he hears one..it is very nice to see. I'm sure we have some mountains to climb, but how exciting it will be when we get there.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found two games that he loves...I put water in the bath tub and put his toys in there, he has to get them out without jumping in. Some of the toys float, but they aren't easy to grab. He really likes that challenge, now he goes in the bathroom and drops in ball in the tub, even if its empty:) We also use my nieces and nephews for a game of find it. They go out of his sight and we tell him to find whoever it is. This dog puts his nose to the ground and follows where they went almost to a T...he gets very excited when he finds them.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Hi llombardo,

Glad to hear things are going well! Midnite sounds like he has a lot of personality. I love the bathtub game... might try that with my dog.

Be patient and consistent and I am sure you will be able to get over the reactivity issues.

Oh, also, congrats on the new house! Sounds great and perfect for your pups!

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am glad he found a good home. I guess the puppy is out of the question?
I went the rescue route over the puppy route. Believe me he is just as much work:)

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
sounds like he is coming along nicely and also sounds like a great dog!! Kudos to you both:)

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds like he is coming along nicely and also sounds like a great dog!! Kudos to you both:)
Its so hard to get mad at him, he is so darn cute and when he hugs you, it is adorable.

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
im sure it will be a lot easier once you move into your house (minus the unpacking of course). im gonna have to try that bathtub game , lexie would love that :) anyway good luck with your move and congrats on your new addition and house :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts