German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone with knowledge about these things tell me from the attached pedigree what I have?

I would like to know as much about her lines and Countries she has in her background.

In other words, I would like to know all I can about her (I am new here and the Breeder is on Vacation).

I have removed her name and breeder from the document for security....not sure if that was needed, but I did it anyway.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
No issues with posting the full name of your dog and the breeder's kennel name (I have that in my signature for my GSD). It might help too if the breeder has a website that you can link (if you want).

It looks like your pup's sire comes from solid working lines. The third generation top part (top half is always the sire) with Lupus Saevus kennel name is a well known and very successful kennel of top working dogs. Though I could not find anything on the first and second generations..

Here is a link to the breeder/owner of Lupus Saevus:
Marco Osorio, Canine Studios, LLC

I have never heard of Vom Lovingtree, but looking up Adda Vom Lovingtree on the Pedigree Database
Adda Vom Lovingtree pedigree information - German shepherd dog
I see that they are pure working lines too, and actually, your dog is distantly related to my Gryffon, as they both share SG Pike von der Schafbachmühle as a common ancestor (so I'm sure your dog will be AWESOME :) ).

Top half female line looks like Czech working lines (Gorgeous dogs!)
Vítejte na stránkách Gája - Nova - Gája - Nova

Now for the bottom half, which is the female line of your dog, things get murky.
From the style of the registered names, I would say that the female line is from American lines. I looked up a few of the names in the Pedigree database, and there is very little information, all past names are of the American style. There may be some better-known American showline names, but I know very little about American lines, and I don't see any Show titles at all.

So your pup's sire line is half West German Working line, and half Czech working line (The PERFECT combination, as that is what Gryffon is).

Your pup's female line is All-American show or "pet" line.

So that makes your pup, precious and unique!!! Enjoy her!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
WOW!

I very much appreciate your detailed response with your work and assessment. Needless to say that I am glad to have found a relative.

"So your pup's sire line is half West German Working line, and half Czech working line (The PERFECT combination, as that is what Gryffon is).

Your pup's female line is All-American show or "pet" line.

So that makes your pup, precious and unique!!! Enjoy her!

Great to hear and thanks a lot!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts