German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
386 Posts
when my pup had a vet visit i asked them if they would scan him... didn't look like a fancy device and i don't know the brand, but it read the chip just fine.... might have to take him to the pound to see if it reads there just in case

· Registered
386 Posts
O.k. but sheesh, I was really surprised that there isn't a standard! Dogs have died because of this and it meant something to their owners. Some day you may have to travel with your pets.

It's just not right and it's because of greed.
well if your too awfully worried about it, you could get him tattoo'ed

· Registered
386 Posts
I was thinking about that...

What gets me is the principle of this. It's just wrong to take money from people and then make the chips manufacturer specific and if dog gets put down...oh well? yeah I'm must say I'm angry.
completely agree... i know my vet can read it so im gonna go to the pound and make sure they can read it

· Registered
386 Posts
i called my animal control station and they told me they have a "universal" scanner that will scan every type of chip out there, even the european versions... ?? maybe she didn't know what she was talking about? or maybe there is an expensive scanner that will scan all the chips??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.