German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,282 Posts
My puppies are chipped at their first vet visit. I held them. Your vet is weird. Weird to not do it in puppies but even weirder to do it "when they are being neutered". What if you don't neuter him? lol
I had a vet suggest chipping during a neuter since the dog will be "under" and it will be one less poke that they'll feel. But when I told him I was going to wait to neuter, he went ahead and chipped.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I experienced the exact SAME thing with my vet ten minutes ago! In the phone call I said it is not healthy to spay GSD before they are two years old nor I plan to. The assistant lady replied “is it what Dr. Wolfe told you?” in cold voice. I said Dr. Wolfe told me it is not helpful anyway if spay her after the second heat. The assistant then said oh okay if you insist we can schedule it anytime. I said no.
FYI I just spent 900 dollars in this clinic for vaccines and allergy tests and non-prescriptions without hesitation.
I find it ironic that she thinks a needle is too painful to GSD (she did not mention the tumor risk which actually matters) but spaying her without any medical needs is giving her a treat.
And yes, she said “fix”.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts