German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard about the tattooing and wanted to hear y'all's thoughts.. By no means did I say I'm doing just would like to hear what ppls opinions are. As I heard that the chip can cause cancer but what doesn't these days and the tattoo fades . Just curious.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
476 Posts
Probably neither would deter a thief but both would help you recover a lost dog from a shelter. My dogs are all chipped but the vets never check. They do look in the ears but they don't routinely look for stolen dog numbers. I used to have all my horses cold branded so they (theoretically) couldn't be sold at auction. The cold brands are very visible.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
My dogs and cats are all microchipped, quick, easy, and a good source of identification if needed

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
We had to microchip to take our dog overseas with us. I was not real keen on the idea, but we wanted to bring her with us, so we had it done.

I did have it inserted while she was under for another procedure. The whole huge, fat needle thing freaked me out.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Lincoln got both. Breeder put tattoo on him before we pick him up. He gets microchipped At the very first vet appointment. I was a bit nervous about microchip but it was super fast and from the look of Lincoln I don't think he even knows something was inserted into his neck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts