·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.hoobly.com/0/0/619454.html

Ad Placed: Jul 19, 2008
Ad Expires: Aug 18, 2008
Category: Dogs & Puppies > German Shepherd
Free to a good home. 4 year old white, pure bred, male, neutered, house trained, family dog. We are relocating and need to find a loving home for Oscar. He needs lots of attention & room to run. Pictures available upon request.

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
If you can take your furniture to a new location, you can take the family pet! And if you have to go into an apartment, look for ones that allow pets.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Please consider the state of the USA when putting people down. This was part of the E-mail we got today. notice the reason!

I am writing you in desperation.
I have a 4 year old white male German Shepherd who I can no longer care for. He is a family dog, loving and sweet. I have been trying to find a new home for some time now - to no avail. My husband and I have recently had our house foreclosed on and we will not be able to take him with us. I do not want to send him to the pound. He deserves much better than that. We have had him since he was a pup.

So to say he NEVER had a loving home is wrong, or they would just dump him at the pound without even thinking twice. Have you ever tried to find a place that allows a big dog? Not fun lately.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Michigan is very bad right now. At least these folks aren't abandoning him along with their forcelosed home like so many others are right now.
People are giving away their horses because they can't feed them. I just saw two purebred Morgans on CL that were free and she apologized because they were so thin. She just didn't have the money for hay anymore.

It's sad.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I agree, at least they are trying their best to find a good home for their dog if they can no longer keep him. Sometimes the unexpected happens in life and people cannot keep their pets. Don't get me wrong, I don't care for people that just dump their pets for some lame reason, but when it is something serious and they absolutely cannot keep the pet, finding a good home is the responsible thing to do and it sounds like that is what these people are trying to accomplish rather than abandoning them like some other heartless people have been doing.

Bash the people that dump their dogs on the side of the road and take off, or dump them at a high kill shelter with no regard for their well being, but don't bash someone who is going through tough times and is forced to rehome their pet.

Joanna

·
Registered
654 Posts
OMG what a beautiful baby!!!!! I would NEVER give my dogs up.......and yes, I can say never. No matter the situation, I would find a way for them to stay with me.
I pray he gets a loving home.

·
Registered
96 Posts
We are working with the owners. He is now up on our petfinder page. They still have a little time before moving. If by then they haven't found a home, we told them we would make room for him.

·
Registered
27,315 Posts
Thank you for helping out! Hopefully Oscar will find a great forever home!

·
Registered
30 Posts
At least this one found a home where so many in this situation do not. I recently took in 2 sisters from a family going through economic tough times but also heard they were Christmas presents and got to where they could not put in the time needed for them. They were outside kennel dogs and are adjusting to inside and spending lots of time with our WGSD and seem to be very happy. If I could I would give them all a home but then I would be in trouble.
Anyone in this boat should keep there pet and if they can not then work hard to find a good home. Stay Happy Oscar.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Originally Posted By: NWS_HavenMichigan is very bad right now. At least these folks aren't abandoning him along with their forcelosed home like so many others are right now.
People are giving away their horses because they can't feed them. I just saw two purebred Morgans on CL that were free and she apologized because they were so thin. She just didn't have the money for hay anymore.

It's sad.
It's true. It's hard not to judge but considering the state of the state's economy, I can't really blame some people. The MIGSDR is getting flooded with cases like these, owners that are losing their homes or have to downsize, or lost their jobs and have to move in with family. Smaller apartments or family don't allow GSDs. Some of these people are very, very distraught over having to re-home the dog, but at least they are trying and going to the rescue for help, not going immediately to the shelter or dumping the animal in the street.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts