German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This dog is at Dade County.
VERY SWEET THREE LEGGED GERMAN SHEHERD RAPTER- NO HOLDS, NO RESCUE ON DEATH ROW DUMPED BY OWNER !!! S.O.S. Due out 10/02/10, no holds , medical : Alopecia, most likely flea allergic related. Distended abdomen Front right limb congenital deformity (agenesis / hypogenesia of the affected limb). Will remove affected limb during spay surgery if adopted or rescued. Congenital limb abnormality.

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | German Shepherd Dog | Miami, FL | RAPTER

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
OMG. Cowards, that poor babie's owners are cowards.

·
Registered
470 Posts
So I talked with Miami Dade today and was informed that they will not allow out of state rescues to pull any dogs. In order to become an approved rescue with this organization you have to fill out a form, get approved, and then attend an orientation. I begged and pleaded for this poor dog. They were not helpful and there is no way around the situation. :-( If there is not someone with a rescue that has been "approved" and is local to Florida, then there is no way of helping. :-(

·
Registered
972 Posts
So I talked with Miami Dade today and was informed that they will not allow out of state rescues to pull any dogs. In order to become an approved rescue with this organization you have to fill out a form, get approved, and then attend an orientation. I begged and pleaded for this poor dog. They were not helpful and there is no way around the situation. :-( If there is not someone with a rescue that has been "approved" and is local to Florida, then there is no way of helping. :-(

thats so sad!! you think they would do what they can for the poor girl! she looks so heartbroken..

·
Registered
470 Posts
I would still like to help but would need some serious help from an "approved" rescue with the Miami Dade facility.

Is there anyone out there that can assist??? PLEASE - look at her... se is much too young for this, at only 1 year. It is truly, horrifying - let's try and give her another chance at life.

Please feel free to contact me if you can help or know someone who can.

Thanks,

Alisa

·
Registered
3,002 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
OK - so I have been working with Mike who gave me a great contact at Heidi's Legacy - she put a hold on Rapter and we will start working on transport now!!! Paws crossed for Rapter!!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Coordination will take a bit and the shelter will not release Rapter until 10/2 - it will also take Rapter a bit to recover before she is cleared to travel with a health certificate from a vet. Miami Dada claims they will spay her and remove the rest of that limb if she adopted/pulled for rescue. We will see. Will keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Crossing fingers and paws over here!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Good deal, I knew Lori would assist if humanly possible !!! Keep me posted. If Raptor is being transported thru Tampa & up the west coast of FL, my group can help drive a leg, we are based about 70 miles north of Heidi's.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yes, Lori is the one who put the hold on her for us - and will end up doing the pull for us. She said that Miami Dade cannot be trusted so that there are still no gaurentees as they are notorious for putting dogs down even when held. Also, they will not release Rapter until 10/2 and there are no exceptions. We will def need help with transport but my guess is that she will be in no shape to travel immediately which is why we will need a temp foster or she will have to go to Lori's recommended boarding facility for a bit until she gets the clear from a vet to travel. I have already started trying to collect donations for her medical expenses on our site and will reimburse Lori for anything that she puts into her. Thank you so, so much for all of your help, Mike!!! These Miami Dade dogs are worth the effort but sadly, Miami Dade just makes it incredibly difficult. My hope is to continue a good working relationship with Lori so that we may be an option and resource for her in Florida if ever she needs help with a shepherd that she cannot place. I will def be reaching out to you about transport in the near future! Thanks, again :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Removed by Admin for solicitation

Also, we have decided to do her surgery up here which will enable me to get her transferred sooner and ensures that there will be no botched surgery jobs as they have been known to happen out of that shelter. We are exicited to have her coming to us - shelter still will not release her to us until 10/2 - we have her transporyt almost covered, as well - I just need some folks to drive her from Miami to Orlando - I have a volunteer who is driving her all the way to NC! Any way, if you want to help with her medical care - I have posted the link. You can also follow her story on our facebook page @ Southeast German Shepherd Rescue.

Thanks, All!

Alisa

·
Registered
208 Posts
Alisa, check your PM's - sent you a contact that may be able to assist with the transport.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Paws crossed that all goes well when Raptor is released tomorrow! Thank you all for working so hard for this special girl.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Hoping that this shelter does not PTS. Keep us informed please!!

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
it looks as tho, from the posts i'm reading on facebook, that this girl is getting the help she needs.

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
it looks as tho, from the posts i'm reading on facebook, that this girl is getting the help she needs.
So Katieliz, this dog can be moved out of urgent then????:confused:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts