German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subject: MIAMI **pure german shep needs URGENT help- 2nd time in*

this poor boy was adopted before from MDAS looking handsome and perfectly fine. he's now back as a stray, scared, skinny, and in terrible shape. skin scrape is negative and he's already neutered. =( poor guy deserves a big break with a GOOD home, look at his face...

BOW - ID#A1301786

My name is BOW.

I am a neutered male, black and tan German Shepherd Dog.

The shelter staff think I am about 2 years and 1 month old.

I have been at the shelter since Nov 29, 2010.

This information is less than 1 hour old.

For more information about this animal, call:
Miami-Dade Animal Services at (305) 884-1101
Ask for information about animal ID number A1301786​

·
Registered
445 Posts
What's wrong with his face? If I could take them all I would. ):

I mean I know there is skin missing but what's caused it?

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Oh how sad, poor boy I so hope you find a home that loves you and treats you good. This is heartbreaking.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking mange... but the skin scraping being neg comment is throwing me off....

·
Registered
334 Posts
That is heartbreaking..I feel so bad for him.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hey!

There seems to be some confusion on this dog and I would like to try and clear things up:

I spoke with Joel Vera who is one of the rescue coordinators at Miami Dade and he gave me a correct status on this dog...

1. He is POSITIVE for demodectic mange mainly affecting the facial plane
2. He has a secondary bacterial infection that is making things worse
3. Seems to be a nice dog

He has no adoption or rescue holds and is due out on 12/5. You have to be a registered rescue or puller to be able to get dogs from MDAS which means that if you are out of state, you will need a registered rescue to help you with the dog you are interested in.

Let me know if you have any additional questions as I have worked with this shelter and have rescue partners in that area.

Alisa :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Bump!! Bump!!

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
This is the shelter that killed Roxy without batting an eyelid, and no "rescue partner" to anyone's knowledge was ever contacted (by the shelter) to see if they would take her. If anyone has any interest in this dog you will have to act swiftly - M-D is known as the Death Camp among rescue people in the south......

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
poor guy. bump. he deserves so much better than whats he's gotten so far.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Bump for this guy, looks like he could be a real looker if his face would heal up. It's gonna be another 6 months before I'm in a position to adopt though :( anybody able to pick up this boy?

·
Registered
103 Posts
If someone can commit to rescue this dog I know a pilot (I just spoke to him) who can fly this dog up to
the northern part of Florida next Tues. From there ground transport can be arranged to Alabama...
(this pilot is connected to ground transport leaving from Birmingham to IL/WIS the following week) If you would like the pilots info.
call 847/703-0381 (my cell)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Oh that would be wonderful if someone can commit! BUMP!!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hey!

Just wanted to give you guys some positive news :) Bow is SAFE! Not sure if everyone is aware, but there are actually 8 shepherd in MDAS, right now (including Bow). I have been working with my rescue partner there ~ her name is Lori Hoffman and she is the president of Heidi's Legacy. She is the reason that I am able to pull dogs from that shelter. Anyway, Lori has committed to Bow and confirmed with Sherri and Joel today. Lori is taking Bow! We, at SGSR, are taking Sasha (who is now in boarding since her time was already up) and possibly Bolt whos release date is 12/5. We cannot take any more than that.

In any case, I encourage you all to look at Miami Dade's petharbor.com site so you can see some of the other shepherds.

If you are interested in partnering, I can help you get in touch with appropriate parties.

Thanks,

Alisa

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Oh great news!

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
:happyboogie: Awesome news! Thank you - great job!

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Great news!!! Yay!!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
By chance, we met a person at our vet's office yesterday who has a friend who is looking for an older GSD to adopt (he just lost his German Shepherd); he lives in the Naples area. I gave her Heidi's Legacy's contact information. Will also be sending a donation to Lori to help with Bow.

Mary Lou
Murphy (12 year old Chow/Rottie)
Allie - 5 year old GSD

1 - 20 of 26 Posts