German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is this real German shepherds. I don't want to offend any one. I've been looking for a friend for bubbles and came across 2 different breeders probably byb. but they come in cream/silver sable. a color I've never seen . they do look like shepherds no doubt. I'll try to find the link.

what do you guys think is this a scam ?

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Almost every country has a kennel club where dogs can get championships. I know several people with US and Canadian CH dogs. Don't see why Mexico would be any different.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Dilute colors are very undesirable in the breed. Rich deep colors with dark eyes are preferred.

I find this whole thing to seem like a BYB.

Berlin flew to me fron michigan in march and did great. A well bred puppy is amazing at pulling through most situations

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
I've seen silver sables before but only one in person. Cute pup. Up to you. Does sound like a BYB though.

Dax was flown from Kansas to us here in Maryland just last week and he did beautifully. No issues. He's a stable little guy.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
If I remember correctly they were going to start getting dogs from Mexico on that Alpha Dogs show. They had the guy come to them from the kennel in Mexico. He brought two dogs with him, so they do exist, but I don't know anymore then that.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
if you think they're byb's why look any further? you can find the
color you want from a reputable breeder. i think you're attracted
to the color and the $500.00 a pup.

is this real German shepherds. I don't want to offend any one.

>>>>> I've been looking for a friend for bubbles and came across 2 different breeders probably byb. but they come in cream/silver sable.<<<<<

a color I've never seen . they do look like shepherds no doubt. I'll try to find the link.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Call the kennel club that supposedly issued the championship and see if they will give you a points and awards total for the dogs (or check online, AKC has this online).

·
Registered
27,251 Posts
is this real German shepherds. I don't want to offend any one. I've been looking for a friend for bubbles and came across 2 different breeders probably byb. but they come in cream/silver sable. a color I've never seen . they do look like shepherds no doubt. I'll try to find the link.

this is the puppy. I think he is a cutie . I never knew GSD come in this color . I'd like to get him but I want to find a puppy close to home so I can meet the puppy first. its not fair to puppies to fly them alone on a plane across the country.

German Shepherd Dog Puppies for Sale: Silver Sable
Could be from an Amish puppy mill. http://www.puppyfind.com/l/?acct_id=560600&sid=fe91f829d84685780998d730908b5fb6
Sables and whites in the same litter....
All puppies are cuties.
Where are you looking for a puppy? Classifieds on the internet aren't the best way to find a good breeder.

·
Registered
9,724 Posts
Do yourself a favor and do not get a second dog. Concentrate on the one you have.
Bubbles will be much happier if you do.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If I remember correctly they were going to start getting dogs from Mexico on that Alpha Dogs show. They had the guy come to them from the kennel in Mexico. He brought two dogs with him, so they do exist, but I don't know anymore then that.
Those were Malanois and Dutch Shepherd, not German Shepherds. And the breeder seems to be American.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
From the link about the pup:
Champion bloodlines: Yes
Champion sired: No

Big difference ... I've seen "Champion bloodlines" going back 5 generations before the first champion can even be found (I once knew someone who advertised a litter of puppies using this gimmick).

·
Registered
720 Posts
You are highly unlikely to find a good breeder on sites like PuppyFind.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts