German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And he was the same age as Lucy! We let them meet, then let them off leash to play. I was watching carefully because this dog was bigger than she is, and at her age of 20 weeks I did not want her to have a bad experience. I saw no hackles from either dog, and at first Lucy was the chasee and the subordinate one. He was climbing all over her, and she looked a little unsure but not scared. Then he tried to mount her. Well, she then decided there would be a lesson in who was boss and she was having none of that! So she became the chaser, and jumped all over him. It was like she had been infused with courage. She climbed on his back, and at one point he was down looking up at her and he growled. OK, time to go home.
Question- when does it become unhealthy for the dogs involved? I found it hard to determine whether this was just rough play or if things were getting out of hand. I don't want to baby her, but I don't want to let a situation happen that will cause her fear later.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.