German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
It does seem as if you are taking it a little personal. That guy might have had a fear of dogs, or maybe he was just being a prick trying to make a point because he just doesn't like dogs, but it really don't matter.

Most people really irritate me as well, so I know where you are coming from. These days it seems like people stress over the silliest things while ignoring some serious problems. I find that in general people are pretty stupid as a species. I think it is because unlike in the rest of nature where the strong and smart survive; we humans have taken to protecting our stupid weak people and allowing them to breed.

Sound preposterous? Consider this. A person has no job. We give them money and food. A person cannot peacefully coexist in society? Send him to jail for a while and then let him try again. A person has severe mental problems? Give him some government assistance and place him under court appointed orders to see a shrink once a week.

We take care of our weak, and stupid and worthless people, and they pass those traits along. In fact they pass them along at a much higher rate than the more gifted of the species. It is well documented that the more intelligent a person is; the less children they will generally have. So that means the world is getting more stupid every day.

The point is Selzer, with so many idiots running around out there, sooner or later you are bound to encounter one. The question is do you let it twist you out of shape or let it go?

Perhaps an observation of the Regal German Shepherd is in order in this situation. When dealing with mentally challenged or just bitter cynical people, do what your best friend does, and barely notice. He can't be bothered with such trivial nonsense. He is unshakable and indifferent because he is so far above such behavior. There is a lesson in there somewhere.

·
Registered
31,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yeah, middlefonowhere, I cannot fit into society. Who wants to. Some member of society is acused of raping his GSDs. I wonder what mental condition he has that makes that perfectly ok. But I do not feel like I need to fit in to society.

I did take this personally because it ONLY happens when I have Rushie with me, not my other dogs, only Rush, who happens to be a good sized mostly black GSD. I DID keep him completely under control. And the people here seem to think I should put him back in the car. Why?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't do well with the general public, I won't deny. Selzer, I wasn't saying you should have changed anything you did. I was just saying don't let it make your pulse rater rise. That's all. Believe me, I know exactly where you are coming from.

middleofnowhere, While I admit I'm not "normal" by most people's definition, I am easy going.

·
Registered
31,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I am not a guy.

Yes, I am different. So are you. So is everyone on this site, and a good thing too.

If more people believed their dog would be shot if someone saw it on their property there would be fewer dogs roaming the neighborhood and countryside.

If more people believed that the owner of the barn where they dropped their cat off will shoot it, fewer people would drop their cat off in the country.

It really depends where you live. If you have a high tax base where your community has a nice animal shelter funded by tax dollars that will accept cats and dogs, and has paid employees willing to go and pick up strays, and has a court system that will prosecute people who do not bother to control their animals, and police or deputies that will show up when called about dogs/cats then the people do not have to resort to killing animals that stray onto their property.

After numerous attempts to get the sherriff, and dog warden to take care of a problem, I now have learned that they will do NOTHING. If I have a problem with an nuisance animal it is up to me to take care of it.

So Timber, you are so quick to pass judgement and are reasonable about everything. What do you do about a couple of stray cats that have decided your shed is their new home, one is either in heat or pregnant? I spend all the money I have and all the money I can borrow on my dogs, so taking them in and getting them fixed and vetted is not a possibility.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Originally Posted By: Tres Beau It is well documented that the more intelligent a person is; the less children they will generally have. So that means the world is getting more stupid every day.
Priceless, you made my night

Now I have a new argument for when my mother start to subtle asking me when I'm going to have kids.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
there was a time when tyson was around 15 weeks old i went to mcdonalds. when we pulled up to the window to pay this young girl walked up casually as normal, looked out and FREAKED!! she backed away like a natural reaction for her and then realized that i had to pay. she only opened the little slideing glass window enough to get her hand out. i laughed and told her it was ok..hes just a pup, he wont hurt u.

i honestly thought it was funny at first but then thought that maybe she had been bitten/attacked by a dog before or had a phobia..

·
Registered
31,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
LOL, I almost did say something. I put the dog in the car and went into the station wondering if the guy running the station would make a comment about it, which he did not. So I bought a pop and left. After listening to everyone on here, I am glad that I did not say anything. If someone wants to ruin their existance because of a childhood experience or if someone has a true-phobia it is no business of mine.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts