German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Because he's a mixed pup, I'm not sure it really applies to him, but is this how sables usually look? Or should I expect something else.

I don't really expect him to be sable, because his father is Black and Tan, but his mother may have those sable genes hidden under her white coat... The husky mix is what throws off my predictions.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I do see some sable coloring wanting to come through. Got a picture of his tail? I am interested in the coloring. And along his belly? Such a good looking guy.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
After looking again, I can just barely see his tail. His tail is pretty dark. I think the sable will come through as an adult.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have a sable and his tail looked a bit like that when he was that age :) albeit a little fluffier because he's a long stock coat. Long dark strip with a dark diamond, and a dark tip.

Merlin is stinkin' cute!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All four of the puppies were incredibly cute. I did have a favourite, who wasn't Merlin, but that was because I spent a lot more time handling that one. He had some shaking in his back legs when he was learning to walk and I wasn't sure if I should be concerned or not, but I spent a lot of time with him. Anyway, my sister and her husband took one of the black ones, and another couple took the other two, so Merlin was all that was left. I don't mean for that to sound like I didn't want him, it's just that they were all so cute, it really just came down to which ones were taken first. Also, with my sister taking a b&t one, and the father being b&t, I liked the idea of having one of the lighter ones. It all worked out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts