German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a list of members somewhere on the board? It seems to me there used to be, once upon a time, but I can't find anything like that now.

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
I don't think so, and even if there was, many of us don't have any 'real' information posted. We use screen names, some people don't even have their emails or general locations......

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was what I meant - a list of screen names. I am pretty sure on this board, once upon a time, a long long time ago (LOL) you could view a list of members by their screen names. It may have been "the other" board, but I was pretty sure it was this one.

·
Moderator who has gone to the dogs
14,619 Posts
It was on this one once upon a time. I would think due to the sheer number of members the list would take up a good chunk of space for as often as it would possibly be referenced.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
If there was a member list, it sure would be easier to send a PM to a particular person. I have had to scour a few threads in order to do so.

·
14,619 Posts
Probably not a whole lot easier than pouring though 13,500 names in a member list. If it is someone that you PM frequently, simply add them to your buddy list and you can select them from a drop down menu. You can also click on the members name directly in a thread and select the send a pm link.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I don't have a buddy list and there are just times when there is a one time question I want to ask or make a private comment on and can't find the member's name.

·
14,619 Posts
A buddy list is done when you are PMing someone. There is an option to add them to a list. As far as sending a one time PM I try to do it when I see something or if I am very pressed for time I email a copy of the thread to myself so I have easy access. There is also the search feature on the board. If it is a thread that you replied to you can click on "My stuff" and then "My Posts" and back track that way. We have lots of options available on this board.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts