German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27,245 Posts
Meijer has been in some controversy for funding a recall effort in Traverse City to get a superstore built, so they probably don't want to deal with more. I agree it is sad and "pathetic" that they won' t help the forclosure animals, and backed out.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
IMHO I don't blame the sportsman group, I wouldn't support anything where funds are administered by the HSUS.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I know nothing more about this issue than what was posted here, but I do agree with onyx' girl that it's a shame that the animals have to be the ones to lose out.

·
Registered
409 Posts
IMO I agree with Arycrest. HSUS often doesn't put funds where they say they will. They collected a LOT of money for the pitbulls...yet the dogs didn't benefit. How much of this money would go towards "administrative" - after all many of these groups feel if you don't have a home (or lose it) you shouldn't have a dog. The alterior motive makes me question it. They didn't have qualms about killing many dogs in Nevada - what strings would be attached to get help even if it was legitimate?

It was supposedly to help forclosures then it changes to half of it is to "wildlife abuses" retaliation. If it's truly for the dogs it wouldn't be taken away to put somewhere else.

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
Good. There are far better ways for Meijer's to help than supporting anything done by an animal rights group like HSUS. This gives me more reasons to shop there.

·
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch
13,571 Posts
Originally Posted By: lhczthGood. There are far better ways for Meijer's to help than supporting anything done by an animal rights group like HSUS. This gives me more reasons to shop there.
My feelings exactly.

I wish more people would do some research and learn about the true agendas of the AR groups like HSUS, PETA, etc...

·
The Italian One
8,729 Posts
Originally Posted By: Chris Wild
Originally Posted By: lhczthGood. There are far better ways for Meijer's to help than supporting anything done by an animal rights group like HSUS. This gives me more reasons to shop there.
My feelings exactly.

I wish more people would do some research and learn about the true agendas of the AR groups like HSUS, PETA, etc...
Yep, what they said!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry...I really didn't mean to open a can of worms here.

Research on HSUS will reveal high ratings by independent charity review organizations and also many negative comments. While they are far from perfect, all in all, it seems to me like the good they do outweighs the bad.

As far as the OT is concerned, it seems like such a shame to lose any aid for the furkids. Maybe the sportsmen's club should step up with a compensatory donation to a rescue group that meets their approval.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Originally Posted By: Shadowed...
While they are far from perfect, all in all, it seems to me like the good they do outweighs the bad.
I agree the HSUS is far from perfect, but with all due respect, the bad they do far outweighs the good, that is if they do any good.

·
Banned
1,829 Posts
People should also look into the AKC and their support of Puppy Mills!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts