German Shepherds Forum banner

361 - 380 of 386 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
She is, yes! Still administering drops in ear though. Hasn't been scratching in her ear. I highly recommend if anyone notices anything out of the norm to just go to the vet. Sometimes its nothing but but better safe than sorry!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Glad to hear! I recommend that too, but some people don't always have the money to😔

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
Mei is super pooped right now...
After long wait finally had her laparoscopic spay done today and the cysts removed off top her head. She's still pretty tired. Don't want to post a picture because it's depressing. I know she'll feel less groggy tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #368
She's more lively and moving around today than yesterday evening but still pooped. Its probably her pain medication cause she was up and about this morning until I gave it to her. I was using her piggie to hold a bag of ice up against the little incision.

The top of her head ended up having 3 cysts they removed. Going to be interesting how the hair grows back. She looks like she's got a receding hairline. I hope her mohawk grows back!

·
Super Moderator
7,955 Posts
She's more lively and moving around today than yesterday evening but still pooped. Its probably her pain medication cause she was up and about this morning until I gave it to her. I was using her piggie to hold a bag of ice up against the little incision.

The top of her head ended up having 3 cysts they removed. Going to be interesting how the hair grows back. She looks like she's got a receding hairline. I hope her mohawk grows back!

interesting... when/how did you notice the cysts? wondering if that’s what caused the mohawk...

anyway, man they did quite the shave job on her 😬 i’ve never seen it that extensive for a lap spay.

glad she did well and is on the mend.

Reactions: Shadow Shep and Mei

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #370
I said the same thing about the shave job!

The cyst did cause the Mohawk. We'll see how her hair grows back!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #372
She's gettin anxious to get back to playing! Vet said she'll recover quick, which she is!, but to wait a week to resume normal activities.

·
Premium Member
Gunnar Vom Langer Strand (gsd), Dynamic's Bogan Vom Langer Strand (boxer)
244 Posts
Glad to see she's taking all in stride. I'm sure she'll be back to 100% very soon!

OP, other than the visual "mohawk", was there any other indication (able to palpate, discharge, etc.) that she had a cyst on her head?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #374
Glad to see she's taking all in stride. I'm sure she'll be back to 100% very soon!

OP, other than the visual "mohawk", was there any other indication (able to palpate, discharge, etc.) that she had a cyst on her head?
She had one very large one that was easily identifiable and two smaller ones I didn't even know about. We've been waiting for the spay to get it removed so she's only sedated once. Vet said there was hair in the large cyst along with puss that she'd never seen before in a cyst.

361 - 380 of 386 Posts