German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I haven't posted in a while, but I'd like you all to meet my new rescue, Thor! I definitely wasn't planning on getting another dog until Loki's fear aggression was taken care of, but he literally came running at me on Sunday afternoon. I was driving up to the local Wal-Mart when he darted across Main street and almost got hit. Pulled over, hopped out and followed him to a house with two gentlemen who immediately asked me if I wanted him.

Poor boy was so afraid of them, he seriously looked smaller than Loki did in their presence. They were two workers, and the owner of the house asked them if they wanted him. Immediately I popped up and said I'd take him, but I wasn't able to right then, since the owner of the home wasn't about. I told them I'd be back in about two hours, and was pulling out when they brought him into the home, in front of the bay window and immediately started to wail on him. It took everything in me not to step back in there and just take him, but I blew my horn and they stopped.

Came back later, and the owner of the home still wasn't around. Didn't take no for an answer this time--gave them my number, address, and any other information they asked for and took him on home. He rode so perfect in the car, I was absolutely amazed.

Poor baby came into the house with scars on his nose and still healing wounds on his cheeks, lips, and ears. Owner called, told me that she was grateful someone had taken him, because on Monday she would have taken him to the pound.

Vet estimates his age to be about a year old, and we've got a neutering appointment already set up. He's on some antibiotics to clear up anything that might have started with his sores, and he's been such a good boy.

They chained him up outside--and oh man, I could cry. I'll take a picture of the chain she gave me in a bit, but it was heavy even for me to carry. Due to the that, I was expecting him to be a bit of an unruly mess inside the house, but he's perfect. Loki is still in her crate, but he made not a single mess. He's doing absolutely perfect and I couldn't be happier. He's such a goofy, fun loving guy.

Obligatory pictures(Sorry for the quality!):

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
He looks like a sweetheart, I'm so glad he's out of that horrible situation :(

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He is the kindest dog I have ever met, and he's so, so sweet. Before he hops up on the couch or such, he'll come and nudge your hands asking for permission, he'll press his head into your hand asking for pets and he's just, so so sweet. I know I'm being repetitive, but in the few short days I've had him, he's been absolutely fantastic. He plays so cutely with stuffed animals, and he takes treats so nicely. I've only heard him bark once, and that was because someone was knocking on the door.

Here's the chain they had him on since he was a puppy, it has to weight at least ten pounds. Breaks my heart. Everytime it's moved or touch, his tail tucks and he goes and hides.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I love Thor! Huge congrats on adopting him. And thank you for saving him. Please give him a huge snuggle from me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts