German Shepherds Forum banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
So when Scarlet is good the judges pass her by? Hmm.
Nora is so beautiful. That face just makes me need to cuddle her!
Yeah, that judge is crazy for sables. Maybe she’ll still be judging when Nora is ready to show! A woman who has a different breed came up to me while Scarlet was in the ring and said “your girl has a beautiful neck”. That was an unexpected compliment.

Also Nora is very cuddly.

·
Super Moderator
4,200 Posts
How did I miss this.

Congrats Diane! She's such a cutie and sounds like she's got great nerves. We do need more pictures though :)

Reactions: dogfaeries

·
Super Moderator
32,394 Posts
I just now saw this too, congratulations! She sounds wonderful.

Reactions: dogfaeries

·
Super Moderator
4,200 Posts
I'd have puppy fever if I didn't have a puppy :)

·
Super Moderator
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
How old are they before you start showing them?
Six months old to go in the ring. The only way I’d show her then is if it’s a local show, just to get some practice at a real dog show. She’s also going to need to learn not to shriek at the top of her lungs if she’s going to be crated at a show. She’s so loud. Have I mentioned that she’s LOUD?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Six months old to go in the ring. The only way I’d show her then is if it’s a local show, just to get some practice at a real dog show. She’s also going to need to learn not to shriek at the top of her lungs if she’s going to be crated at a show. She’s so loud. Have I mentioned that she’s LOUD?
Is that frowned upon? My dogs (especially bear, who is normally a mute) scream the entire time at training. I just sleep with the young ones.

·
Super Moderator
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Is that frowned upon? My dogs (especially bear, who is normally a mute) scream the entire time at training. I just sleep with the young ones.
She’s not crate trained unfortunately, so she has a massive meltdown being confined. That meltdown consists of screaming, yelping, howling, barking. I’m making some headway, but it’s going to take a minute. She eventually has to learn to be quiet in a crate at a show. Whining is obnoxious, but screaming bloody murder is unacceptable.

·
Super Moderator
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Nora is a smart little cookie. She knows where her food is kept. She knows that the goats milk is in the fridge. A few minutes ago, she jumped up. Ran into the other room and sniffed around the kibble bin. Then ran into the kitchen, and stood on her hind legs where I fix her food on the counter. Then sat in front of the refrigerator and stared me down. I got the hint, lol. She’ll be 10 weeks old tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
4,200 Posts
Nora is a smart little cookie. She knows where her food is kept. She knows that the goats milk is in the fridge. A few minutes ago, she jumped up. Ran into the other room and sniffed around the kibble bin. Then ran into the kitchen, and stood on her hind legs where I fix her food on the counter. Then sat in front of the refrigerator and stared me down. I got the hint, lol. She’ll be 10 weeks old tomorrow.
I like her already!

You didn't want a boring puppy did you?

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
What a good girl! I love the smart ones, they keep you on your toes.

·
Super Moderator
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I like her already!

You didn't want a boring puppy did you?
I wouldn’t know what to do with a boring puppy! I’m kind of amazed at her. She watches everything and takes it all in. And apparently files that info away, lol.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts