German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Supah Cute!!

How do the cats react to the pup?
Pi wants absolutely nothing to do with her, and stays in the TV room behind the baby gate. And yells at me with her very loud Siamese voice. Mimi is extremely curious, and came out and sat in my lap last night. Nora has been around cats at her breeders house, so she wasn’t overly curious, but she did give Mimi the side eye a few times. Yea, Nora, she looks like a tiny little alien.

·
Registered
Hi, it’s Andre
244 Posts
Pi wants absolutely nothing to do with her, and stays in the TV room behind the baby gate. And yells at me with her very loud Siamese voice. Mimi is extremely curious, and came out and sat in my lap last night. Nora has been around cats at her breeders house, so she wasn’t overly curious, but she did give Mimi the side eye a few times. Yea, Nora, she looks like a tiny little alien.

Cute cats. We have a cat currently and a GSD on the way shortly. Trying to see what others with cats are doing to see if I should change the direction I want go with socializing with a cat.

Is your goal to have them unsupervised together eventually?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts

Those cats look like they can cause trouble and blame the dog. Lol
Is you pup ASL?

·
Super Moderator
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
6,944 Posts

Side note. It is due to a Siamese cat and a GSD that I have a scar 3 inches long across my arm and the matching one that runs from the base of my throat to just beneath the right side of my ribs. Lol.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Side note. It is due to a Siamese cat and a GSD that I have a scar 3 inches long across my arm and the matching one that runs from the base of my throat to just beneath the right side of my ribs. Lol.
Sooooo, what you're saying is ..... cats are evil!

·
Super Moderator
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Been there. Done that. I can never hold Pi and be around the dogs. She’s jumpy anyway, and the tiniest movement from the dog turns her into a chainsaw.

Reactions: Sabis mom

·
Super Moderator
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Cute cats. We have a cat currently and a GSD on the way shortly. Trying to see what others with cats are doing to see if I should change the direction I want go with socializing with a cat.

Is your goal to have them unsupervised together eventually?
Yes! Scarlet is loose with them all the time. She’s finally trustworthy. Now to work on Nora. I think she’ll be easier than the wild girl.

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
Been there. Done that. I can never hold Pi and be around the dogs. She’s jumpy anyway, and the tiniest movement from the dog turns her into a chainsaw.
I was only about 5 or 6. Feeding a neighbor cat while owners were away. I thought I was saving her from the loose dog. Lol. Never made that mistake again! Poor Gramma almost had a stroke when she saw all the blood.
We call that an education!

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Oh Diane, how perfect she is. Congratulations.

Reactions: dogfaeries

·
Registered
264 Posts
Oh the classic Siamese meow lol. Our Siamese thinks she’s a dog and loves to hang out with Chief specifically but also Mia and Nads. Cute pup she seems like a blast.

·
Super Moderator
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
She’s very smart. Are 9 week old puppies supposed to be this smart? She’s also very fast. Apparently it’s been too long since I’ve had a puppy, lol.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
She’s very smart. Are 9 week old puppies supposed to be this smart? She’s also very fast. Apparently it’s been too long since I’ve had a puppy, lol.
It doesn't matter if you had a puppy a year ago or 15 years ago, every one surprises you, usually in a fun way!

·
Super Moderator
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Her squeaky pig’s foot was sticking out of her crate, so she grabbed it and dragged her crate across the room.

She puts her front feet up on the bumper of my MINI so I can hoist her into a crate. She did that the second time she ever road in the car. She catches on quick.

She’s too little to push the dog door flap open (very strong magnets - the door is rated to withstand 50 mph winds). The weather is nice, so I’ve been leaving the deck door open so she can go outside. Yesterday, she jumped up (we were in the living room) and ran outside and pooped. Yes! Big party.

Did I mention she’s wearing Scarlet out, lol? It’s great. Scarlet showed yesterday (no love from the judge - we show again tomorrow), and my handler said “Scarlet was very good in the ring today. It must be the puppy”.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts