German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did it.

The new sable baby has been at my house for 24 hours now. I had to drive a couple of hours to pick her up at my breeders house, and she howled, wailed, barked, and yipped all the way home. I think she’s happy to be here, in spite of the car ride!

She’s gorgeous, confident, and yes, noisy. She loves Scarlet, and Scarlet is delighted to have her here. One cat is curious, the other just yells at me from the other room, lol. Oh well.

Here’s Nora.

·
Super Moderator
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My breeder called me at work yesterday morning and said “Come get your puppy! She’s by herself”. Eeek. So I left work early and got her. I was a bit anxious because I had never even seen a photo of her. What if I didn’t like her, lol. How do I tell my friends “ummm no thanks”? Luckily, she’s exactly what I was wanting. I feel very fortunate! They had zero plans to sell her, but then when we were at a recent dog show, they offered her to me, on a co-ownership. Plan on showing her whenever she’s ready. She has the same sire as Scarlet (a black dog) and out of a sable bitch. She’s going to be lots of fun. She seems like a very reasonable girl so far, much like my old champion girl Carly was.

·
Super Moderator
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She’s definitely a looker. I’m always nervous the first couple of days their home. It’s good everyone is accepting her.
I knew Scarlet would love her. The cats, not so much!

·
Super Moderator
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As I was carrying her to the car, my friend said “oh yeah, she’s not crate trained”. Swell. Well she’s getting a crash course, because she has to go to the grooming shop with me every day!

·
Super Moderator
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Reactions: car2ner

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Wow, good bone on her, to my eyes anyway. She looks like she'll be solid with a commanding ring presence.

Let's see some puppy stack pics! :)

Reactions: dogfaeries

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
My goodness, what a beautiful face! Welcome home Nora. It is going to be fun watching her.

Reactions: dogfaeries

·
Super Moderator
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow, good bone on her, to my eyes anyway. She looks like she'll be solid with a commanding ring presence.

Let's see some puppy stack pics! :)
She does have good bone! She’s a really solid puppy. Feminine face. Great feet. She moves well. Even though she’s still figuring out how to control her back end, she’s very clean going away. I’ll see if I can get one of my dog show friends that lives by me to help take some stacked photos.

I took her up to work yesterday, and when I took her out to pee, she didn’t skip a beat. First time on a leash. We are on a very busy street, and noisy trailers, ambulances, motorcycles are very common place. Jackhammer was being used next door on the bank parking lot. Not a problem.

The best part? She doesn’t cry at night in her crate!!!

·
Registered
Hi, it’s Andre
288 Posts
Supah Cute!!

How do the cats react to the pup?

1 - 20 of 88 Posts