German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
8.5 month, 58lb lacquer black german shepherd! Rescued from a local humane society, she is my first dog and a beautiful one at that. Her mom was a purebred all white shepherd however I never learned about the father. The humane society believed her to be part lab but the vet doesnt see it. She is a bit thin and has a narrow face but for the majority all shepherd features.

I say lacquer black but she has some grey between her toes and on her paws so I guess technically she's a bi-color

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Welcome!! I must say she is a beautiful girl. Congrats. My Jamie Lee is a solid black GSD(she is purebred) and she has tan between her toes and she is considered a black GSD not a bi-color. It really does not matter what color she is anyway because your girl is just gorgeous. I think she just might be a purebred though. Once again, welcome and you have a good looking girl there. :)

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Congrats on your girl!

Black GSD's are my absolute favorite and not just because I have one!

My male is solid black with a little silver between his toes and he has some light silver on the back of his legs but you can only see it if your close to him and looking for it otherwise he looks all black. :)

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
VERY gorgeous girl. :wub: What a great job saving her & giving her a great home. ;)

I will have to share a tip, she has a butt ring, tan butt so, sign of bi there. I would say IMO, high GSD in there, but I do see a tad of Lab due to so short of coat & in the face at bit.

Happy Holidays with your new black beauty............. :)

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
VERY gorgeous girl. :wub: What a great job saving her & giving her a great home. ;)

I will have to share a tip, she has a butt ring, tan butt so, sign of bi there. I would say IMO, high GSD in there, but I do see a tad of Lab due to so short of coat & in the face at bit.

Happy Holidays with your new black beauty............. :)
What about this GSD and it's short coat?

Kerstone Shepherds - GSD Coat & Saddle Types

Maybe her dog has a very tight coat?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone! She is an awesome dog and seems to be a very quick learner.

As far as the breed goes, I think her coat is a bit deceitful. Her coat is actually pretty long but stays tight to her body. I've noticed this in a few other shepherds as well. I dont know exactly what she is (Not that it matters) but from everyone I've talked to that had all black GSD's she seems to fit the part.....

LaRen- there is also a little silver on the back of her legs, sounds like that is common. Thanks again for all the good comments and Merry Christmas!

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
she is gorgeous:) congrats on your new girl and for saving her life, may she give you many years of joy;)

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Enjoy her!

·
Registered
470 Posts
What a gorgeous dog! And what a Saint you are to adopt her! :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha thanks everyone! I have to say I'm far from sainthood here. Someone recently suggested GSD/Doberman as she is VERY lean and looking at her thin face I started to wonder.... I guess I'll never know though

·
Registered
155 Posts
I thought part Dobie, myself, with that face. The coat is beautiful. It was already said but I concur...the lustrous black is just gorgeous!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
yeah i'm leaning towards part dobie if she is in fact mixed with another breed. Either way she is absolutely gorgeous!

·
Registered
157 Posts
My p.b. black GSD has tan between his toes (normal) and a bit of tan featheing on the bottom part of his legs (also normal for an all black GSD). Your dog looks like a thinner version of a p.b. GSD - I don't see anything but shepherd in her. Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
She looks all GSD to me and her coat is amazing!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts