German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Kathrynil i typically say no sternly and then give her one of her toys to play with.. but this only works some of the time. Most of the time when I say no and give her a toy she growls and lunges at me, biting more. She can be relentless and seems to be asserting dominance

·
Registered
8 Posts
I too have a 9 week old that is the same way & thinks grabbing your toes, socks & shoe laces is a lot of fun. Sometimes a stern "No" works but sometimes it doesn't so I've started saying "No" & if he doesn't immediately stop I snap a light towel at his rear end (like we did in HS gym class). I use a light dish towel that is not made of heavy thick material or wet. The snap doesn't scare him but it definitely gets his attention & he stops. Usually he tries again & another snap of the towel gets him off. We're hoping he gets over this stage soon.
PS: Your puppy's ears are looking great. My puppy still has his floppy ears & we are a bit worried about that.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Thought others might not agree with it, the way I fixed my pup's relentless biting was 1. a light, but sharp slap on the muzzle to scare them, not to hurt them, along with a firm no. Or 2. if he was biting my hand, I would put my finger under his chin and my thumb under his tongue and hold him lightly for a moment. They hate that because it is uncomfortable and they can't bite your finger, so it definitely helped the hand biting.

Sorry this was so late. Wasn't able to reply last night. Good luck. She's a cutie, by the way!

·
Registered
492 Posts
GSD pups are all land sharks. Have an acceptable toy available in your reach at all times and stick it in her mouth when she tries to bite on you. Don't give her attention and put her in "time out" in her crate if she keeps it up. They do outgrow it eventually.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lilah is now 17 weeks old and growing! Here is a chart of her weight for those interested

10 weeks 18lbs
12 weeks 24lbs
13 weeks 26.8lbs
14 weeks 28lbs
15 weeks 31.8lbs
16 weeks 33.8lbs
17 weeks (today) 36.2lbs

1 - 14 of 14 Posts