German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also these are his parents. I’m worried about his ears and wonder if they’re too far apart to go up, both his parents ears are up but still! I love the German shepherd look and if his ears remain floppy so be it.
He is 13 weeks old currently. His pedigree shows good hip and elbow scoring. This is his mother.
And this is his father.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
These are his parents pedigree. Let me know what you think! I’m also curious if anyone knows whether they are from working line or show line? It seems to be working line and German. What would you say his colouring will be when he’s older?

·
Registered
207 Posts
He is so cute! I don't know much about papers but I know he is adorable! Congrats!

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
His ears should go up. I wouldn't worry. Enjoy his flying nun stage while it lasts because it's adorable. My current puppy's ears went fully up really early and I sort of regretted not getting a longer stretch of that comical time that GSDs ears go through before they're up for good.

He's a cutie!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Take many pictures of the various ear stages and puppyhood. More fleeting than you know.

·
Registered
AbbyRose
31 Posts
Handsome boy! That's the post, I know handsome! haha I know nothing else, that's why I'm here.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He’s 15 weeks old now and he’s such a handsome boy. More and more proud of him and in love with him everyday! He’s extremely affectionate and stares at me and sits patiently for pets. He loves his “mother!”

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I forgot to mention at 14 weeks old he was weighed in at 17.5kg! He’s a big boy! I’m guessing he’s around 19kg now at 15 weeks. At 12 weeks he was 16.2kg! So he’s growing steadily. Any estimates on how big he will be when he’s an adult?

·
Registered
494 Posts
I love his face! And the floppy ears are so cute. We did not get that with Django - ears straight up at 9 weeks, so enjoy that stage. He’s about the same as Django weight and age wise but Django has steadied out now at 21 weeks. We’re going to the vet today so we’ll see where we’re at. I’m thinking he is about 22 kg as I can still lift him fairly handily. His dad is 40kg so I’d guess that’s a fair adult estimate.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’m actually the opposite and being a worry wart and hoping his ears go up ASAP haha!! I’m hoping he grows up fast because I’m a female living alone and love the fact they can look intimidating but be sweet house pets. Thank you that’s a very helpful estimate hmm!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
His recall is getting so good! I’m still very nervous to let him off lead for too long but I gotta do it haha.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
His ear went back down! He’s still floppy but adorable and has a very focused face, I’d say he has a resting bitch face so when he’s older I think he will have a pretty hard stare!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kai is now 16 weeks old and his ears keep going up and down! His ears are adorable and he’s such an amazing pup. Best pup I’ve ever had, so loyal, so clever. House trained already and he chews on toys not on me! He weighs 18.5kg at 16 weeks old and soo handsome!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice looking boy!!! They are such awesome dogs.
Thank you!! Yeah I love him so much. He’s starting to be a lot more energetic now which I love but also miss his cute puppy naps!!
He alert barked for the first time this morning! He actually growled and barked until he realised it was my room mate who had come in at a weird time. So proud of him!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts