German Shepherds Forum banner

41 - 60 of 335 Posts

·
Banned
7,657 Posts
What is OS?
A closed thread, Inside joke. :D

Over Size WL GSD, 116lbs, no idea at the time. Too big to do the work ...but asking people not to pet him, was not really a problem. He never acted like a fool to anyone, just stood behind me (I stepped in front of him if someone seemed interested) and people kept a "respect" distance away and admired him. Kinda like me with the K9's at the substation up the street.

He's a "Wobble" dog so he garners a lot of attention on walks. He would have made a wonderful therapy dog ...except he doesn't particularly care for people and stuff. So safe in public is good enough.

·
Registered
31,138 Posts
Here is a pic of Boomer from this past summer:
Uncle Boomer!

I think that's the first picture I've seen of him. ****...he's gorgeous! Look at all that red. Does that come down thru Dante or Anita? Seger has a lot of red in him too but nothing as rich as Boomer's coat.

·
Super Moderator
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
MAW, Thanks!

Chip, interesting, seems like you have him figured out.

Jax08, you've never seen any Boomer pics?

Let's see if I have any on this computer:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Jim, as you know I prepared a dog for a NJ dept that has many apprehensions and finds and just got a big heroin bust last week in hidden compartment of car. I really had a lot of angst in letting this dog go because he could have been super sport or police dog. But what pushed me over the edge was the handler/trainer he was going to was cut out of the same cloth as you. He loved to train and he especially liked tracking and nose work. You remind me of him so much. Your dog is very fortunate to have you as was Boomer.

·
Super Moderator
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
We ARE FB friends! I"ll look at his pictures there!
You can look under Canine Boomer there are a few pics there. I also posted some above, probably at the same time that you were posting.

·
Super Moderator
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Jim, as you know I prepared a dog for a NJ dept that has many apprehensions and finds and just got a big heroin bust last week in hidden compartment of car. I really had a lot of angst in letting this dog go because he could have been super sport or police dog. But what pushed me over the edge was the handler/trainer he was going to was cut out of the same cloth as you. He loved to train and he especially liked tracking and nose work. You remind me of him so much. Your dog is very fortunate to have you as was Boomer.
Cliff, thanks! That means a lot coming from you!

·
Super Moderator
32,162 Posts
I think he likes you. :) Boru and Boomer are both gorgeous dogs!

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Boru sounds like he has found his handler. You guys sound like a true match. Ive got no experince but love k-9s.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Love the Boomer pics, too! My favorite is the one of him lying on top of the police car chewing on his ball. It looks like a Kong ball, one of Newlie's favorites.

·
Super Moderator
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I think Boru has found his "soul mate" and we will see what happens in the next couple of weeks as he settles in and finds himself. He is over 3 years old and an adult dog. He acts like a puppy, but when in drive for a toy or a decoy he is extremely intense. By extremely intense, I mean by my definition of extremely intense. He is a seriously intense dog. But, it has only been a week, so I am going to keep working on bonding, friendship and trust for a while.

Boomer is an awesome dog and the kong is his favorite toy. He is still working and doing a great job. We caught 6 armed robbery suspects in one evening shift call recently and recovered 4 guns. Boomer did an outstanding job!

Thanks for the nice comments on Boomer and Boru, I appreciate them.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Slamdunc are Boomer and Boru getting ballistic vests from the Spikes K-9 fund who got the big donation from Anderson Cooper in honor of fallen officer K-9 Krijger? I hope so. They all need vests.

·
Super Moderator
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Yes Boru is getting one, he was fitted yesterday. Actually, all of the dogs in our unit are getting custom made K-9 Storm ballistic vests. Spike's K9 fund is outfitting all the K-9 units in my area, probably 40 or 50 dogs. Anderson Cooper made a huge donation to Spike's K9 for the vests. I saw Anderson Cooper the other night and he is awesome, very pro K-9 and wants to help.

Boomer has had a vest his entire career, Boru is getting the new vest.

I will start a thread about Spike's K-9 fund. My buddy, Jimmy is doing great things for working dogs.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
enings arrest count. Well done!hat's quite
I think Boru has found his "soul mate" and we will see what happens in the next couple of weeks as he settles in and finds himself. He is over 3 years old and an adult dog. He acts like a puppy, but when in drive for a toy or a decoy he is extremely intense. By extremely intense, I mean by my definition of extremely intense. He is a seriously intense dog. But, it has only been a week, so I am going to keep working on bonding, friendship and trust for a while.

Boomer is an awesome dog and the kong is his favorite toy. He is still working and doing a great job. We caught 6 armed robbery suspects in one evening shift call recently and recovered 4 guns. Boomer did an outstanding job!

Thanks for the nice comments on Boomer and Boru, I appreciate them.
That's an impressive arrest count! Well done!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Yes Boru is getting one, he was fitted yesterday. Actually, all of the dogs in our unit are getting custom made K-9 Storm ballistic vests. Spike's K9 fund is outfitting all the K-9 units in my area, probably 40 or 50 dogs. Anderson Cooper made a huge donation to Spike's K9 for the vests. I saw Anderson Cooper the other night and he is awesome, very pro K-9 and wants to help.

Boomer has had a vest his entire career, Boru is getting the new vest.

I will start a thread about Spike's K-9 fund. My buddy, Jimmy is doing great things for working dogs.

Awesome!!! I'm in Newport News and had heard many of the local departments were getting the vests. Just didn't recall if Chesapeake was included.

Oh! and Thanks to you, Boomer and soon Boru for doing what you do :)

·
Super Moderator
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Awesome!!! I'm in Newport News and had heard many of the local departments were getting the vests. Just didn't recall if Chesapeake was included.

Oh! and Thanks to you, Boomer and soon Boru for doing what you do :)
Thank You! I am friends with the Newport News K-9 guys and they have a great unit. We do a fair amount of training together and I saw a couple of them at the vest fitting.

41 - 60 of 335 Posts