German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honeys owners were evicted, and the new landlord wouldnt let them keep her so they surrendered her to the local shelter.. I am fostering her as i cant see a 17 year old dog sitting in a cold kennel.(no dog should either ), she will probably be here for the rest of her life, as not many people want an older dog especially her age,... so meet my permanent foster lol, she is a husky/terrier mix
got her this morning, brought her home, then to vets for deworming meds, met the dogs, rufus tried to play with her and was play bowing.. some pics and videos... she weighs 39 lbs and is a tiny mix of some sort, the vets office and one woman there said staff/something mix, she could be husky /staff /pit who knows... her fur is course like a pit bulls but longer then rufus's...
she already christened my dining room floor by peeing on it this morning even after i had her out for a while lol
containment is going to be very tricky, she plowed thru the xpen like it was a blade of grass... i might have to gate rufus and sadie in the bedroom and give honey roam of the upstairs and just gate off the living room and basement stairs...

talkimng smack to me already

and some videos:

0330131035 - YouTube
0330131043 - YouTube
0330131047 - YouTube
0330131048 - YouTube

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
you are an angel for taking her on! How can anyone give up their 17 year old dog:(((

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know:( supposedly the new landlord said no to her being at the place, the shelter worker went to go get her when she was told the landlord wouldnt budge. she is 17, wobbly, but still has life in her...

we just went for a 15 minute walk her pulling the entire time. she found a tennis ball in the dining room and picked it up and started playing with it. videos:

0330131644 - YouTube

0330131645 - YouTube

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Wow 17 years old :(. I'm glad she'll have a good home now

·
Banned
1,011 Posts
Thank you for doing whats right. I can't even walk through paws when I donate because this tuff as nails old goat breaks down when he see's the older dogs.

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
its so nice to see and hear these wonderful stories!!!!! after watching the news and getting aggrevated, this is the first thread i opened and it made me smile. your such a good hearted person, thank you for giving this old gal a warm home :)

·
Registered
766 Posts
thanks for caring for her. she deserves a good home and is a beautiful girl

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
how stinkin cute is that old lady????????? 17 and still has some play in her, not to mention doesnt want to give up her ball, she looks great for her age :)

·
Registered
31,974 Posts
17? Wow! So glad she landed with you. She's a cutie!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts