German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

very energetic and crazy at times but he is still getting use to his new home.
coments welcome

·
Registered
74 Posts
5.5 weeks, wow you got him young! Enjoy teaching the bite inhibition :) Blaze looks great though, he's already got that defiant look on his face. Lol. Energetic and crazy at times? At that age they only get crazy for 10 minutes then pass out for an hour. Wait until the craziness lasts hours, with no tired puppy in sight!

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Can't see your pic at work but I am sure he is a cutie.

Welcome to you guys!

I don't know where you live but in many states it is actually illegal to send a puppy to a new home before 8 weeks. Mom and siblings teaches puppies many important social skills between 5 and 8 weeks which is why pups should be left with at the breeders until then. If your pup is at your home now you will have to start doing some reading on those skills so you can teach Blaze.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Can't see your pic at work but I am sure he is a cutie.

Welcome to you guys!

I don't know where you live but in many states it is actually illegal to send a puppy to a new home before 8 weeks.....
Right, that was my thought as well. Maybe i'm missing something to this story?

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
He is in S Africa. Blaze is a cutie! How are the other two?

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Probably no laws like there are here to govern this, Blaze is home now I would guess, so best we can do is help him/her out with the pup and educate.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok guys reason I got him so early is that we were on holiday about 500km away from home when we met this guy who had the pups.so we brought him home when we returned from vacation.I actualy purchased 3 of them but now the one guy cant pay me who asked for the dog so I have all 3 of them at my place and will only sell the other two when they are 8 weeks old.I really dont know the dog laws here in sa
here is a pic of the 3 of them female in the middle and two males

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He is in S Africa. Blaze is a cutie! How are the other two?
chloe and king was stolen shortly after i posted there pics.that is why i got another one.I ran in to the shop like for two minutes while they were in the car came out and they were gone:cry:really still miss the two of them

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Oh they are way to cute! I am so sorry about your other pups, how sad.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sorry to hear about your other pups, I couldn't imagine :( At least those 3 puppies will be together for the next few weeks to teach each other the foundation groundwork for dog interaction and bite inhibition.

On a side note...you're making me want another puppy. Stop posting those pictures!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
guys I need some advice
I would like to keep the female aswell.I dont believe in neutering or spaying and also would not like for the two to breed.what other ways can I make sure that this does not happen?also will they only breed when the female is on heat?thinking of seperateing them in the yard when the female goes in to heat.please guys your advice would be much appreciated please give me the negatives and the positives of owning a male and female

·
Registered
53 Posts
such a cutie pie! My sister (knowing her sister is a dog trainer) got a gsd puppy at 5 weeks, and it's been a handful! Be sure to contact a local trainer near you if you are finding yourself frustrated with your little one's behavior! Check out my website, I offer training through skype, which is how I'm helping my sister in NC with her pup since Im from WA :) Good luck, and I hope that little bundle of joy brings you pure happiness! :) :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts