German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is our handsome boy Arlo and just about 18 weeks old! We love this guy either way but just curious to see if he looks like a full breed gsd! When we bought him we were told he was but we have a lot of people ask us if he is a mix.. Any input is much appreciated! 20180516_111728_1526556937979.jpg 20180516_111728_1526556937979.jpg

·
Super Moderator
6,363 Posts
Looks like a mix to me.Nonetheless he's a handsome,happy looking guy.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Do you have a side shot? The angle of the photos may be misleading. Try to get front and side shots at his level vs from a twisted downward angle.

Hard to tell. Without the typical dark mask he looks more like a mix. He may be purebred and just not well bred. Purebred and well bred are not the same. Did you get papers for him?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
He looks mixed to me, but I have seen definitely purebred dogs that have super light coloring like that. His face shape just doesn't scream GSD to me, but I am not an expert in conformation.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I grew up with a Basenji in the house and Arlo's face and shorter ears looks like there is even Basenji in there, but I doubt that.

Also, looking at both pictures the wrinkles in the forehead/top of head, light tan color scream Basenji too lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts