German Shepherds Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Codi(8.5years) just came home yesterday from a bloat with torsion surgery-and also had her spleen removed, and her tummy tacked...
The problem we are having is we also have 5.5 month old Jackson-well when Codi first came home, the dogs smelled eachother and puppy was being a little pushy, and Codi nicely let Jackson know to leave her alone, puppy wouldn't, and then at one point, Codi just agressively went and tboned the puppy, and scared the [email protected]#$ out of Jackson. So, we baby gated them into separate parts of the house-and we are giving Codi some peace and comfyness... A little while ago we went to let puppy out, and he came over to me on the couch-where Codi can NOT even see him, and Codi flew out of her crate, and went after Jackson again agressively. Jackson is now starting to be afraid of Codi-and I am a little uneasy with Codi's agressiveness..

Codi is on Tramadol-and will be on it for a few more days. Now I know Codi is feeling like garbage, and still on meds and stuff-but can someone please tell me that this will pass? or anyone have any suggstions?
We are continuing to keep them separate-except when its time to take Jackson potty-but he won't even come around the corner, he creeps around, and is very afraid. I don't want this... :(:confused:

Should I be concerned? or do you think Codi will get back to normal?

·
Registered
27,329 Posts
Have you talked w/ your vet? From reading your thread last night, I think she just needs space, and the pup is not aware so she is reacting to tell pup to back off.

Keep them separated and when she is able physically, take them both out for a walk together. If she is continuing the behaviors after she is off the meds and on the mend, I would be concerned. Right now she needs space and time to recuperate. And Jackson doesn't need to feel threatened or on guard, their relationship has already changed in Jacksons mind. I would keep him away from her for now.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have sent my vet an email-to contact me. So, should hear something soon. I just am a little worried, and probably just need to learn patience-which lately-i have none.
In the last 2 weeks, my autistic daughter was in hospital for upper resp infection, 3 days later dh and i were in dr for same thing, a week later i was back at dr in worse condition, that same day my uncle had to have heart surgery-and it ended up being worse than originally thought, than that same night, Codi had her emergency surgery, yesterday we brought her home and both pup and Codi were not getting along well, and then in the middle of the night, i got the stomach flu-had to go to work today due to the fact that i missed 2 days of work last week and 2 days this week for my own bronchitis, so had to go to work with feeling like crap-not to mention at work we are soooo busy, i am a week behind, and have had to miss 4 days of school due to me being sick- and I am 2 weeks behind in homework.. PHEW-sorry just needed to vent and explain myself?
:crazy:

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Have you talked w/ your vet? From reading your thread last night, I think she just needs space, and the pup is not aware so she is reacting to tell pup to back off.

Keep them separated and when she is able physically, take them both out for a walk together. If she is continuing the behaviors after she is off the meds and on the mend, I would be concerned. Right now she needs space and time to recuperate. And Jackson doesn't need to feel threatened or on guard, their relationship has already changed in Jacksons mind. I would keep him away from her for now.
I agree. Codi's feeling like crap right now and the last thing she wants, i'm sure, it to be annoyed with a little one ;)

·
Registered
24,301 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.