German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to get my puppy interested in the new toy so I put peanut butter it it's feet.I just turned around to to one of it's feet chewed clean off,but was able to snatch back 80% if it!!!!! A piece about 1/4 " was swallowed.Do you think he will pass it?It's kina kibble sized.STRESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Keep an eye out on your puppy. There's a thread in the HEALTH forum about a dog who just had a horrible 8 days of going from vet to vet to figure out what was wrong with him. Finally he had surgery and they found part of a CUZ in his intestines.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Below is part of the thread from the HEALTH FORUM about the dog, Kahn, who ate part of the CUZ. As you can see there was a sizable chunk of CUZ in his intestines. Here's a link to the thread:
http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/health-issues/130439-please-pray-my-boy-21.html#post1770495
Hey everyone.. Thank you for your all your prayers and positive thoughts and healing vibes... They COMPLETELY paid off. I got a call this afternoon around 3:30 stating Kahn was out of surgery, he did well and thank God they didnt have to remove any of his intestines which is a friggin miracle due to the fact he had this thing in him for probably close to 8 days! His intestines are however quite inflammed obviously. So we are very lucky, I didnt get to see him today because he is in recovery but good news, his intestines are now moving and making noises like they are supposed to. He may be there till as late as Sunday.
What super sucks is this mess and his care or lack there of has cost us twice as much as it should have due to lack of interest on our vets end.
Thank you also to 3toestonyismydog... thanks for the great referral! Would love to meet Tony and you if you would like to bring him by the hospital the day I pick up Kahn!? Also.. Bev thank you thank you thank you for letting me vent and updating everyone here!

Well the obstruction was a piece of bad cuz and you cant tell from the pic.. i will get another one for persepective but it took up most the size of my palm.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keep an eye out on your puppy. There's a thread in the HEALTH forum about a dog who just had a horrible 8 days of going from vet to vet to figure out what was wrong with him. Finally he had surgery and they found part of a CUZ in his intestines.
thanks,can you tell by that picture you sent be ,how big that chunk was???

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
She said it was most of the size of her palm.

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
My pup ate almost a whole braided fleece tuggy. He did chew it up some, but still sizable pieces. He pooped it for a few days. Hopefully, your bits will pass.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She said it was most of the size of her palm.
I just got off the phone with an animal emergency clinic 45 mins.away.This piece is small in comparison,(kibble sized).The emerg. clinic figured it was likely through his stomach by now so it would not help to induce vomiting now.They said to start feeding him so the food could possibly catch up and surround the piece allowing an easier exit....Sure hope this works!Wish us luck!.....Jay

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you imagine what the neighbors are gonna think when they see me on hands and knees examining a pile in my front yard at 2am with a head lamp:)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ohhh, here's hoping!! None of the Cuz have feet here. They have all been swallowed. Hope you have good luck!!
I don't feel so bad now....thanks.I did a little surgery on this one:whistle:

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Can you imagine what the neighbors are gonna think when they see me on hands and knees examining a pile in my front yard at 2am with a head lamp:)
:rofl:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts