German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Often people post about giving their dogs meaty bones. I feel a bit dumb asking this, but are you referring to real bones with meat as from the butcher, or is the reference to Meaty Bones the brand of dog chews/treats? I want to assume the former, but you know the saying about assuming. If you get butcher bones, what type? Thanks!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Butcher bones. The list is long frame leg wing neck feet tails ribs quail goat rabbit turkey duck chicken. The larger the animal the harder the bones be careful. You dont want broken or worn teeth. If you are looking for recreational. Most would advise against it depending how aggressive of a chewer your dog is. I'll get a real meaty knuckle bone, once the meat is gone my dog will naw on it occasionally. I believe pork roast have a good bone in them as well. Lamb horns I think it is...popular choice

·
Registered
31,097 Posts
Raw meaty bones. Chicken parts, poultry necks, lamb necks, etc. I don't like marrow bones. My dogs break teeth on them.

Lamb horn is not a RMB. It's made of keratin. They smell horrid but last several days for a chew and are 100% digestible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts